It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson - call for civil disobedience ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
If these folks want to exercise their First Amendment rights to steal, vandalize and threaten people then they should be fully aware of those folks who are perfectly willing to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

There you go! I starred you for that.
Show some backbone people! What are you going to do if the Chinese Red Army shows up in your town? And you call your selves Republicans.....

(or Conservative independants).

edit: Thanks to Benevolent Heretic for blowing the lid off this charade.

[edit on 10/23/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Frankly, I think there's going to be riots no matter who wins. And believe it or not police are gearing up nationwide for just this situation:

thehill.com/leading-the-news/police-prepare-for-unrest-2008-10-21.html

""Cities that have suffered unrest before, such as Detroit, Chicago, Oakland and Philadelphia, will have extra police deployed.

In Oakland, the police will deploy extra units trained in riot control, as well as extra traffic police, and even put SWAT teams on standby.

“Are we anticipating it will be a riot situation? No. But will we be prepared if it goes awry? Yes,” said Jeff Thomason, spokesman for the Oakland Police Department.

“I think it is a big deal — you got an African-American running and [a] woman running,” he added, in reference to Obama and GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin. “Whoever wins it, it will be a national event. We will have more officers on the street in anticipation that things may go south.” ""

Got Martial Law?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Time to start arming up folks.
It's gonna be a bumpy road.

I've heard stock up on guns and ammo for the past year and I wonder if the arms industry isn't running a viral campaign. Hopefully we will regain the Worlds compassion we had in the days immediately after 911, before the Bush Admin. squandered it by using the tragedy for their own political agenda. I look forward to getting my first shotgun but not because I fear a facist government takeover anymore. Still watching Bush however....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is a LIE. The site you link to says nothing about Jesse Jackson calling for mass protests and civil disobedience. He

nomorestolenelections.org... - the home page for the site.
It specifically states ‘JESSE JACKSONS CALL … ‘
Apologize for calling me a liar. (I won't hold my breath)

The site calls for protests … but not civil disobedience.

You didn’t read the democratic underground. Try again.

It does not mention Obama ONCE.

Use your head. It’s a FAR LEFT site.
They aren’t calling for disobedience if Obama wins.

This nasty habit of yours of making dramatic threads and adding a few question marks to the title so you aren't held liable for the lies is really ugly.

Habit? How many threads have I started and done that? LIAR. And as far as being ugly … YOU have a few nasty habits that you might want to take care of before pointing fingers.

The only purpose of threads like this is to fuel racism.

Pathetic. Typical Obamatron rhetoric. Get over yourself. :shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Well, when we have this, in line with other reports coming in like Home Shot Up Over McCain Signs, it's kind of easy to believe.

Just so you know this isn't a one-sided thing:

Democrats say 800 of 4,000 Obama yard signs have been vandalized or stolen, while Republicans say 15 out of 100 4-by-8-foot McCain posters have been damaged and many yard signs stolen.

Source

Obama Sign Vandalized with KKK Reference

Obama Signs Vandalized, McCain's Left Alone

Obama Signs Vandalized with Swastika

People are INSANE. No matter who wins this election, we can expect some civil unrest. We are more divided than we've ever been. It's not going to be pretty either way.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I know what it's like to drive down south with Maine state plates.

Try being from Connecticut and having to live in Alabama for 9 years!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This subject is being discussed on this other thread.

That opened 10 minutes before this one. Just FYI for anyone interested.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What I find intriguing is if I were to make a statement like that,I would be arrested under the Patriot act,labeled as a terrorist,yet he can go about doing his buisness as it were

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Personally I would expect some mob violence whether Obama wins or not.

You know, those white upper class conservatives have a tendency to start smashing cars and setting stores on fire when they don't get their way. Haha.

No seriously...if Obama wins and certain groups get "excited" their jubiliation and mob mentality often turns destructive. Look at the mob violence that breaks out during "celebrations" like the yearly Juneteenth festivals. One little thing can set off a frenzy of violence.

Video below shows a Juneteenth festival letting out.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I guess it could be "far left" if you were against these things:

We must act against:

o Voter intimidation and vote suppression
o Ballot tampering and shortages
o Broken voting machinery
o Hackable voting machines
o Suspect vote counting methods
o Unreasonable barriers to ballot access and closed debates
o Media announcements of “results” before the votes are cast and counted
o Corrupt and partisan election officials
o Suppressed and aborted recounts

It sounds more and more that you guys are not against Democrats....

But democracy.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is a huge difference between civil disobedience and riots or any other kind of violence. Civil disobedience, as practiced by Mahatma Gandhi and the civil rights movement of the sixties, simply means a peaceful protest against unfair laws. For example, sitting at a segregated lunch counter until you are either arrested or served. Many people went to jail just for breaking segregation laws; when they were arrested they did not resist in any way. Their presence in jail touched the conscience of many Americans.

But even the idea of civil disobedience has been completely debunked, so there's no point in arguing further.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have yard signs in my yard, and while I haven't had any problems, a lot of folks who live in the city limits have had McCain signs pulled up and thrown toward the house. Funny, I haven't heard of any Obama signs being pulled up.
I have a remedy for such vandalism. Since I live in the country, I just squeeze off a round from the 12 ga. into the air and yell "Run you son of a bitch. I'll get you next time."
If anyone is around causing mischeif, they tend to leave.
I started this after I had a couple of freshly filled gas cans and a barbque grill stolen from my yard.
Guess what? Nothing else has gone missing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Look at the developing headline on Drudge:

'B' CARVED INTO 20-YEAR OLD WOMAN'S FACE... DEVELOPING...

SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
THE HUMAN RACE IS SCREWED.

Anyway.

Mr. Jackson should learn to keep his ugy mouth shut. And that's NOT racist. If he were White, i'd tell him to stuff it too.

I can see it all now. We will be wishing ourselves dead by the time this is over.

Doesnt that idiot know its stuff like this that hurts his cause???? I guess not.

Yes, free speech, i'm all for it. But i'd prefer for it to be "intelligent" free speech.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Unfortunately Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would not have jobs if they did not foster this type of behavior. Their boat packed up and sailed off without them many years ago. They and their followers are still stuck on the island of despair. They will go to virtually any length to keep their heads just above water and to keep themselves surrounded by shark fodder. They will only help themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
this totally does NOT surprise me...must be nice to be able to subjugate a country like this and just get anything you want...otherwise they may "riot" so white america MUST follow suit and give them anything they desire...like spoiled little children.

I still say let them riot and kill one another who cares? These people contribute NOTHING to our system...zero

Thats a whole other post

Why Are Black Men Like Little Babies That Never Want To Grow Up?

Our darkest hour will be if Obama is elected...mark my words

[edit on 27-10-2008 by centralscrutinizer]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by centralscrutinizer]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well, everyone has a skeleton or two and if you don't we can always make one up...maybe Ron was blackmailed.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This doesnt surprise me at all we have seen people running their trucks up into peoples yards that have obama signs and running them over, some of them are mccain signs too. They are even now running over signs about different bills people are trying to pass.(state ones) Our neighbor had a sticker on his truck his loving brothers put there with out him knowing; he came off the job site to find his truck vandalised. Its really sad and I dont doubt for a second that this isnt true. I believe that it is going to happen. Doesnt matter who wins we are all in for a wild ride!
Hell we have the army and national guard stationed in the bay area now for this and it isnt even time to vote yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join