It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ixquick beats google totally to the ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I read the thread if you "GOOGLE" the "14 october UFO prediction"
You would get 41 000 or so matching results with Google? hehehe

I did the same with the anonymous Ixquick Safe Search Engine, which does NOT build up a whole database around your life and searches like the spy Google do.
I used the best search engines there is Ixquick.
Ixquick use 14 engines at the same time, and it is totally safe and anonymous.
This is what i got from Ixquick :
unique pages selected from at least 861,188 matching results.
Compare that to the spy`s Google`s poor 41 000 matching s, hehehe

Really guys you should not let Google see inside your life's so much as you let them, they are spy's and spy's they will continue to be.

www.ixquick.com

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Kukulcangod] Added img.

Ixquick Safe Search

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Kukulcangod]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Google definitely has a big lead with search engines now but there are some measures you can take if you want to stay anonymous.

You can prevent cookies from them but there is also a bit of _javascript code you can put into your address bar while on a google page to change your cookie identifier to all zeros.

Oh and I'd recomend Scroogle as an alternative it still searches google but wont be identified to you.

I don't care enough about my searches to do this myself though I admit and will continue to use google as long as the engine returns relevant results although I do feel the search quality has taken a step back recently they are trying to localise the searches to much.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hi, "search engine" fans !
____I DID did a search here in ATS to see if this was already posted, and. . .
nope. . .I hope. . .

Ixquick Scores Another First: Encrypts ALL Searches.
The World's Most Private Search Engine now makes SSL encryption the default.

. . .the "world's most private search engine", automatically encrypts ALL searches. Ixquick was the first search engine to offer SSL encryption in 2009, and today it again breaks new ground by making SSL encryption the default.

SSL encryption, also known as secure socket layer encryption, is widely praised by security experts as the most secure way to surf the web. Ixquick's encryption prevents eavesdropping by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) who may become legally required to store massive amounts of personal information on you.

"Snooping ISP's or hackers could become an enormous, Orwellian privacy threat," says Robert E.G. Beens, CEO of Ixquick. "That's why we've decided to change our websites’ default to 100% SSL encryption, to further protect the privacy of our users' Internet searches."

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I gave it a try and have nothing bad to say about it. Its not as mobile friendly as google but sometimes thats a good thing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join