It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object with a very odd Orbit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Object with a very odd Orbit.

space.newscientist.com

Distant object found orbiting Sun backwards
Watch the full-size video
The orbit of the object 2008 KV42 is so tilted with respect to the planets that it travels backwards around the Sun. It has been nicknamed
Enlarge image
The orbit of the object 2008 KV42 is so tilted with respect to the planets that it travels backwards around the Sun. It has been nicknamed "Drac" for "Dracula", since vampires supposedly have the power to walk on walls (Illustration: CFEPS)
Related Articles

* First object seen from solar system's inner Oort cloud
* 18 August 2008
* Bumper crop of new objects revealed beyond Neptune
* 26 April 2006
* Clandestine comets found in main asteroid belt
* 23 March 2006
* Search New Scientist
* Contact us

Web Links

* Brett Gladman, UBC
* 2008 KV42, Minor Planet Center

An object in the icy Kuiper belt has been found orbiting the Sun backwards, compared to most other objects in the solar system.

(ex tags)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
space.newscientist.com...

If you look at the video and see the Orbit, it's the same orbit as the supposed Nibiru..

I am very skeptical against Zacharius's story...
It's full of holes and contradicts itself.

I can provide proof if I must.

Anyways, what do you think about this objects orbit?

space.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As everything swirls around everything else in thus universe it would not suprise me if they discover that most stars have planetary bodies or objects tht orbit on a 360% axis of the sun.

Niburi? certainly looks like the orbit described in this scenario, or at least proides some evidence that bodies on these orbits can exist.

did the mayans know of a body that interacts strongly with the earth every so many thousands of years ? possibly but look how little we know and we have much greater tech than the mayans did.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Interesting topic, wrong forum.
Two things, breaking news has to be less than 24hrs old, and you have to use the exact article title.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

We didn't neccesarily have better technology than the Mayans, we just think we do because we don't know enough history, or that information is being kept from us.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
If you look at the video and see the Orbit, it's the same orbit as the supposed Nibiru..

Would you mind humering me for a while. It's the same orbit as the supposed Nibiru??

new topics

top topics

join