It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Obama Is ‘Palling Around With Terrorists’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David, you went so far off topic, with bringing OJ into it....it beggars belief!

The topic to hand is whether a particular Candidate for President is 'palling around with terrorists'!!!

Well....we will try not to mention Sen. McCain's past associations with G. Gordon Liddy....oh! Well, he wasn't a 'terrorist'??

Come on! Sen. Obama did nothing more than sit on a Board that happened to include this William Ayers....if YOU were an Illinois State Senator invited to sit on a Board that YOU thought important to your coummunity would YOU ask about the past history of EVERY ONE of the members??? Would YOU commit political 'sucicide' in that manner??

NO! You'd accept that it as a bi-partisan group, you would not be personally responsible to 'vet' every member!!!

GOP....straws....grasping at....look it up!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
And look at that. in 2002 Sarah Palin's husband was part of a group that was trying to destroy America. Sarah was friends with terrorists who want America to be destroyed. Oops, she still is. Oops, he husband still is palling around with terrorists. Oops as late os 2002 he was screaming "Death to America!" with these terrorists. But 40 years ago a Vietnam Protestor said "Bring our boys home!" That totally trumps 6 years ago screaming "Death to America!"

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Once again Gamergal....i'm not defending his affiliation with AIP and saying it didn't happen. I just fail to see the Terrorism in it. You can go on all you want, but you STILL HAVE NOT COME UP WITH ANY PROOF OF TERRORIST ACTS THAT THEY HAVE DONE.

Prove this. You just keep throwing out quotes and repeating them over and over again in various threads.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
OK, they have not carried out any acts of 'terrorism', but there can be a case made to show thier contempt for America:

Here's some interesting info on Joe Vogler, the Founder of the Alaskan Independence Party:

The Alaskan Independence Party quotes Vogler as stating "I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."[1] [2]

In a 1991 interview currently housed at the Oral History Program in the Rasmuson Library at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Vogler is recorded as saying "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson (Yukon Territory, Canada). And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home." [3]

Vogler disappeared under suspicious circumstances in May 1993[4], just weeks before he was scheduled to give a speech to the United Nations on Alaskan independence, sponsored by the government of Iran.[5][6]

Source.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that last paragraph particularly disturbing. An 'American' in contact with and sponsored by Iran????

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Of course, i'm not disputing this it all but for some reason a few think i am. All that i am stating is...where is the evidence on their attacks on the US? That's all. I ask for links and the only ones that are supplied are speeches.

I know that people are trying to compare and contrast Ayers and AIP, some are even defending the man and not condoning his acts. I dont like what either seem to stand for.

This is what i'm stating:

Ayers bombed...AIP didn't. If anyone can prove this otherwise then prove so. It's simple. Don't attack me for it...and i know that you aren't Jaxon which i do appreciate...you are one that i have different beliefs against but you try to keep it clean for the most part, which can be a rarity on these boards.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't think, in the mind(s) of our government now anyway, that you have to actually DO or carry out a violent act in order to be labeled a terrorist anymore.

Anymore I think if you say something or write it down and it has a "terrorists" feel about it, I think our government gave itself the power to arrest you and actually call you a terrorist even though you never carried out a violent or terrorist act!

And I believe they gave the government that power in a document that is called, of all things, "The Patriot Act"!

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I totally agree with you that there is no evidence of the AIP bombing anything. The only correlation is 'Anti-American' activity. My base point concerning Palin is the old adage: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The Ayers connection is an attempt to make Obama look unamerican, and the same can be said about Palin's AIP connection.

As far as keeping it clean, as the Mods like to say: Attack the post, not the poster. We can disagree without being disagreable.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Again. Todd Palin SCREAMS "Death to America!" in 2002. Ayers SCREAMS "End the murder of US Troops in Vietnam!" 40 years ago. Yet you think that Todd and Sarah SCREAMING "Death To America" isn't bad but a guy trying to end an unjust war is? Yeah, "Death To America!" is nothing compared to "End the War!" as long as the people who want to destroy America are republicans...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Again. Todd Palin SCREAMS "Death to America!" in 2002.

Prove that statement, or else that statement is a outright LIE.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Gamergal...i'm not going to take anything you say with any creedence. Not when you have -3000 points. This shows that you've been a problem. Instead of throwing out false accusations at people on this board...maybe you should look at yourself for a bit.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Do you know nothing about the AIP? The guy calls for war, the guy says he has weapons buried every where so he can dig them up when the US Troops come for him. The Palin's are friends and close ones with him. Todd Palin was a member with him in 2002. They hate America, want it to be destroyed. Or is it ok to want America to be raped and murdered since they're republicans?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Again. Todd Palin SCREAMS "Death to America!" in 2002.

I repeat: Prove that statement, or let the world know that you are spreading LIES.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I have to agree with jsobecky on this one. I could not find one instance where Todd Palin was quoted as saying "Death to America!". However Sarah Palin's recent comments at a Greensboro, NC fundraiser does bother me greatly!

"We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."

She continued: "This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

Source.

As someone who lives in an urban area, I find this greatly insulting! Apparently, Palin feels that only those people from small towns and rural areas are the only 'Real Americans'! I spent eight years of my life defending this country, including the freedom of speech she enjoys when she insults those of us who do not have the same 'small town roots' that she has. The McCain/Palin campaign later tried to explain that she was refering to the 'DC' crowd, which is equally insulting to those who live in the nations capital that are not elected officials, but she seriously needs to choose her words more carefully. This is not a quality I'm looking for in the Vice President of the United States, especially since the odds are good that she could be President before the term is up due to McCain's age.

I think this is a prime example why her handlers have not allowed her to hold a press conference yet. When she strays from the talking points, she tends to lodge her foot squarely in her mouth. The scary thing is that I think that this is how she really feels. I have always had the impression that she looks down on us urban folks. We are looking for leaders who are willing to lead us all, not just 'small town' America. Especially since most of the population resides in urban areas. I feel she owes us a public apology for those remarks.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
From a totally outside point of view.

Do you not think this thread has run to death of it already.

This constant bickering between Palin/Obama/McCain and Biden

Is beyond childish, they are puppets when in power regardless, they will be doing what all the presidents have done over the last 50 years. It's all corruption.

The Master pupeteers want this kind of distraction.

Its getting a tad redicolous in this day and age.......

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yes, josbecky is correct, source that statement or quit using it. I complain a lot about the mudslinging and unsourced statements against Obama, and it will be very tiresome if I have to start doing it for anti-McCain advocates also.

Not sure there are as many pro-Obama/McCain people as there are anti-Obama/McCain.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Sublime....you bring a voice of rationality to most debates....assuming they are debates to begin with!

There is usually (my opinion) inflammatory rhetoric introduced into these discussions.

I have been as guilty, even as I claim others have done it...the 'rhetoric'.

Well....if you happen to be a citizen of the USA, and can discuss the various 'platforms' of the two major political parties without resorting to flaming, then I think it's high time to tone it down. Also, if you happen to NOT be a US citizen, I think your opinions are, and should, be welcomed as well.

(My apologies to the OP....did not intend to take-over...but it happens to be my thoughts, feel free to critique as necessary...)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

We're all guilty of it. It's not most of our faults. It's what we are taught to care about. It's all they play on the news, on the radio, and all the candidates talk about.

I fell into it here.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join