It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the current economic crisis and stock market crash simply the result of blackmail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
After reading this thread, I got to thinking about the failure of the bailout plan, and the resulting continued downward spiral of the stock market. Was this simply punishment for the House rejecting the bailout bill? Was that why the vote was so close? Because I refuse to believe that with the public outcry against this bill, that any congressman who would like to keep their seat would vote for it? There were tons and tons of calls and emails sent to representatives before the vote, with many threats of losing votes as well.

Did some of those members who voted in favor of the bill, know what the consequences would be if it failed? Certainly some were in the profiteers pockets, but such an event as a stock market crash could induce public panic and more outcry. Were the powers that be playing their wild card?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wonder about blackmail from other countries. Its wierd to me that a couple weeks ago, Bush was telling us how strong the economy was. Then suddenly, BOOM! Its armegeddon if we don't hand him $700B with no questions asked.

I think there is somethign going on, much deeper than Bush, congress, or the MSM is leading on.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I TOTALLY believe this is blackmail. It didn't pass and the stock market tumbled. Congress took the day off yesterday and almost all of the gains came back. Now they are in today and it is down more than up. Wall Street is pulling strings through manipulation at the least and I am so angry.

Is everyone still emailing their representatives ?

Yes we need something but not this.

new topics

join