It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Sound of a Jet Stopping in Mid-Air?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I took my dog outside a few minutes ago and I started hearing jets flying low overhead. Now, this is not a new thing in the area where I live. What I thought was really strange was that after the sound of the first jet faded to nothing, another one roared out of nowhere, and as suddenly as the boom of the turbines assaulted my ears, it stopped! And only a split second later, it started again, only this time it sounded like it was moving slower than it was only a second before.

Can anyone shed some light on what just happened? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
ive been hearing the EXACT same thing recently.

people just do NOT pay attention to things..

its like the jet "sound" comes out of nowhere.. then dissapears.

not like it slowly builds up then gradually goes away.

I've only just recently.. this year been hearing these.. and i never see the plane.. because it's always overcast when i hear it.

-

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've noticed several posts lately here on ATS reporting conventional aircraft behaving in not-so-conventional ways. Are we to infer from these posts that UFOs are disguising their sounds (or creating them as the case may be) and/or appearance to remain unseen? Perhaps this has been going on for a long time. Who knows?

My only point of reference regarding UFOs masquerading as conventional aircraft is from a film I recently viewed called "The Objective". In this film, strange objects in the sky would make the sound of a helicopter while shining a very bright light. Then, the sound would abruptly stop leaving only the light which would eventually dart away at a speed no known helicopter could achieve.

I'ts quite a puzzle. I'm definitely going to be listening more carefully to jets in my area now. Although I think I'd detect if one didn't have the normal fade away sound. I think that would get my attention for sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Throttle up (ROAR!)

Throttle back ("silence"), relatively speaking.

Also note that a change in wind direction at an altitude between the jet and the ground can "carry away" the sound of the jet's engines.

Yes, winds can have different speeds and directions at different altitudes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've heard the same thing. Like a loud engine noise swoops down out of no where and stops quickly. I thought I was the only one hearing this or I was going insane.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Newer aircraft engines emit sound in different directions than older engines; generally try to be quieter overall.

It's quite reasonable to assume that they emit sound in a smaller angle than less efficient engines.

The less sound emitted, the less energy which is wasted in producing the motions which create the sound. lots of things depend on the angle, the path of the jet at the moment, wind, etc.

top topics

join