It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Its Image. Computer That might prevent death in the future!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
very cool stuff,I for one dont have much of a problem with this.Most people that do are just scared of the unknown.And yes we are just slabs of meat with a cpu ie brain.Doesn't matter anyway,this sort of technology is the future whether people like it or not,i think most people would agree.

sty

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Well, I disagree again
. The AI will develope in parallel with the quantum computing methods. For example :

Also you sitll did not respond to my question. Why do you refer to humans as "they" ?

[edit on 28-1-2009 by sty]

sty

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I am very enthusiastic on everything to do with AI and human developement , however i still believe that we have to watch out for the wrong potential use of this technology. Think : who has the strongest computers ever? the governments. If an AI would be created, who would be more likely to won the best of the best? the military. This could actually create 2 classes of humans, with us being in the "not needed/essential" individuals.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

When I clicked the video, it didnt have anything to do with preventing death

That video made my day

[edit on 28-1-2009 by dodgygeeza]

sty

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

well.. that would be a very advanced AI haha

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's the original video that appears to have been changed for the initial video link:
LINK

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Its so nice to know that you get the added insult of paying your own spin doctors with your tax dollars. You buy your lie.

This makes me want to

Edit to add: The link in the OP links to a google video with this title: Rachel Maddow: AIG's Attempt to Clean Up Its Image. Yet what is being discussed is AI.
Just wondering if the link is messed.
[edit on 3-4-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
I recieved this video from my cousin and thought you guys would enjoy this. I hope you didn't see it yet.

Description:

In the mid 70s, an aspiring theoretical physicist made what he and many others feel is the most important discovery in the world. This very significant film is about the resulting invention, one that can author all subsequent ideas, provide a totally unanticipated cosmology, and possibly deliver us from death.

video.google.com...#

I can't get the video to play on here so I just posted the link instead. Sorry

Am I the only one getting a Will I am video???

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by KaginD
I recieved this video from my cousin and thought you guys would enjoy this. I hope you didn't see it yet.

Description:

In the mid 70s, an aspiring theoretical physicist made what he and many others feel is the most important discovery in the world. This very significant film is about the resulting invention, one that can author all subsequent ideas, provide a totally unanticipated cosmology, and possibly deliver us from death.

video.google.com...#

I can't get the video to play on here so I just posted the link instead. Sorry

Am I the only one getting a Will I am video???

Nope. Look 2 posts up from your's and you'll see I posted the correct link. Any way someone can get the OP to correct the link for the initial post?
At least it's not the Rick Roll.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by 4N6310]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This sounds like a pretty interesting topic. Just from skimming the thread it reminds me of the matrix or something
I'm going to watch the video later when I get a chance

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree with the guy in the video. AI is very simple, and it's surprising more people do not realize it. I have come to that conclusion just by watching my sister's kids grow up.

I have posted some years ago my idea of how the brain works:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this guy comes and verifies my idea, that the brain is simply pattern matching that causes positive/negative reactions to be invoked.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Speaking of weird synchronicity look at the US patent number at 12:11 into the video....US 5.656.666.....!?

There is something to this observation. These systems have risen from obscurity and have infiltrated everything! They will continue to conveniently "hide" behind the skeptical reviews. After all, if it's implausible then how can it be a threat?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

You are on track, but recommend you recheck your chronologies at imagination-engines.com... and patft.uspto.gov... .&OS=PN/5659666&RS=PN/5659666.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have been pondering this (as you can see from my first line..:roll
and I think that what we call consciousness is of abstract, mathematical and informatical nature, with our brains just a means to execute this information processing.
Now our brains are material and therefore have severe limitations in executing this abstract concept of consciousness, and the true meaning of ascension to a higher plane of existence, metaphysics, or getting rid of a material body that is so prevalent in our culture is leading to this "execution engine independent" consciousness that could run on any hardware, not just human brain, therefore separating an information-based consciousness from the matter it was once bound to.

I also think that if this artificial consciousness will come to fruition (and I dont see any serious showstopper on the horizon), it will completely transfer humanity, which could very well be degraded from its current active role in scientific development to a mere observer, like Alice in wonderland.

Anyway, fascinating thread, S&F!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Rumor has it that Thaler's systems have already been implemented on quantum computers. After all, the Creativity Machine is a paradigm like addition. Therefore, it can be implemented on abacus, X86, and even picosecond, light-based computers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join