It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*IS* ATS a CIA front?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Is ATS a front for CIA? I personally have the experience that debunkers are favored, that people are banned for little or no reason(10% of ATS members are banned!!) and that posts are deleted without reason.

One post that was deleted within minutes of being posted without any reason was by a user called starvingartist where he asked if ATS was a CIA front, luckily I took screenshots before and after it was deleted:

Here is a screenshot of the thread "IS ATS A CIA FRONT" has just been started and is visible on the front page

after I read it I wanted to reply, but then it was all of the sudden deleted:

Here is a screenshot of the deleted thread

Note that it was deleted within a minute of it being posted, and only two people had read it. Makes you think, does it not?

If you see me banned after posting this post, you know why

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There have been so many of these threads over time, I just think they want everyone to keep using one thread in particular where similar accusations are made.

If you want, I could try and find the open one for you.

Otherwise, the topic does get a bit old.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, it may just be that only you and the CIA can actually see your threads and posts and all the other members here don't exist in the real world.

Aren't conspiracy sites fun?!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
If you want, I could try and find the open one for you.

Otherwise, the topic does get a bit old.

Yeah, it seems that this ol' chestnut gets rehashed every few weeks.

Here's the ATS Issues Thread. It's intended to cut down the endless stream of clutter, and consolidate the discussion.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just as I expected it was moved to a forum that few people reads, it took ATS just a couple of minutes to do so. Why otherwise move an obvious conspiracy thread to the "Boards and questions" forum. It is a trick I have seen them use before, I have observed some threads being moved as much as three times, so that no one can follow them.

Here is the U2U I got within minutes of the thread:

Subject: A thread of yours has been moved
sent: 30-8-2008 at 05:09 PM
It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, *IS* ATS a CIA front? which was originally posted in the General Conspiracy Discussion forum, to the Board Business & Questions forum. intrepid has initiated this action, and included this message about it:
Moved to appropriate forum.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Well, it may just be that only you and the CIA can actually see your threads and posts and all the other members here don't exist in the real world.

Whew!

Well thanks for replying then, since it demonstrates that is not true in my case.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Don't know what you're talking about man. This thread is about the board, thus Board Biz and it is a busy forum. Are you bored and to have to start another thread bashing the staff, like this one:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Or is it that Board Biz doesn't garner any points?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
...moved to a forum that few people reads...

..."Boards and questions"...

Are you kidding?

Originally posted by Acharya
...It is a trick I have seen them use before, I have observed some threads being moved as much as three times, so that no one can follow them.

Hit the subscribe button.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by aleon1018

Whew!

Well thanks for replying then, since it demonstrates that is not true in my case.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

Sorry to disappoint you and let you know that you are just a programed response. (notice programs response points!)

Signed: The Architect

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Are you claiming that your concern about deleted threads does not relate to "Board Business & Questions"? Personally, I think it's a perfect fit here.

Also, What does the C.I.A. have to do with it? Do you have any evidence that would make you jump to such a conclusion?

The tactic of begging the question in order to submit veiled accusations gets quite old after awhile, and it's been done time and time again.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yup you caught me, I'm the NOC....

CI Division, Section 8, Clandestine Services- Domestic Department.

Our forerunner was the OSS, and we never were actually decommissioned, just reflagged and transplanted to the Shadow Government.

*Slides on shades, pulls out a pen looking thing and clicks neuralizer*

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

So you think that a conspiracy theory that asks if CIA is running ATS belongs in the "Board Business & Questions" forum that contains posts like:

"Can I star my own posts"
"Avatar reminder"
"How many active posters are there?"
"Stop the auto refreshing!"

etc. ?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm paid by the CIA to post on AboveNetwork.
Don't forget too, me and my manwife intrepid are 33 degree Freemasons - with a special manwife handshake!

Springer controls the military industrial complex as well, him and SkepticOverlord gave Georgia the green light to attack South Ossetia and Nerdling controls the world media to spread propaganda to the proletarians.

SimonGray is the manifestation of the second coming. And all ATS mods know the location of secret nazi gold.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, I got kicked out of the CIA because my arugula was floppy. So I just work for the government now, they don't seem to mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Making fun of posters is a well known technique from the ATS staff and debunkers to discredit people, fortunetly people are getting smarter and see through it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This topic is already being discussed HERE (and a few dozen other threads).

Please dont create duplicate topics. Contribute to the ongoing discussion.

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

If you're asking whether I feel that a question about the board belongs in Board Business & Questions, then the answer is yes.

Perhaps you need to re-read the title of your thread.

top topics

join