It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all third party voters, I didn't understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
what was really going on, when I asked in the last election, why you would throw you're vote away on a third party candidate? I think that was close to the title of the thread. LOL

Anyway I wanted to say I understand now, and finally see that if you vote for a democrat or a republican, then you are throwing your vote away. They are one in the same and the ordinary citizen will not have anyone working for them, as long as those two corporate owned puppets continue to rule.

So guess who is voting for a third party candidate this year? LOL

[edit on 29-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yes my friend, it takes a while to realize these things. As well, it is really a question of morality. Many people believe that the decision of Republican or Democrat is too important to “Throw Away” your vote for a third party.

They feel that even though they admit that voting Republican or Democrat is voting for the lesser of two evils, they will still chose to do so because they falsely believe that it is their only voting choice that can make a real difference in an election.

They may in fact be mathematically correct, but the only reason that is true is because so many people follow that logic. Yet even still, anyone who calls themselves a Christian is charged not with choosing the lesser of two evils, but of only choosing what they know is the right thing to do. This means that anyone with true Christian morality would never limit themselves to only choosing what they believe is the lesser of two evils.

The only vote that matters to me is a vote that God would approve of, and I don’t know who God wants me to vote for, so I’m going to ask the Catholic Church who I should vote for and hope that they give me an answer. If you church tells you to vote for someone then do it. For that is a matter between God and the church and trust me, God has his reasons for his decisions.

You also have to remember that the Bible tells us to respect those in power for God is the one who decides who gets to be president. And God doesn’t always put the person that we would pick in office. Remember the story of Moses in Exodus. It is said that God hardened Pharo’s heart so that all of the plagues of Egypt would be fulfilled. Whoever gets elected, it is God’s will and we need to always respect that God is the one that is in charge of this world, not us.

new topics

join