It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Brittany :!:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Okay, I usually don't post about entertainment or show-biz stuff,
usually pretty serious stuff but,

this video of Brittany Spear's live feeds had me laughing!
Is this what her fans hear?
Because I would want my money back!

Heavy.com

I don't hate her or (love her music, how it used to pander to young girls about sexuality),
I'm indifferent, usually.
She IS beautiful and she can dance.

The only american idol I watch is the funny tryouts.
The one with her cowboy hat on........ Is that what the audience hears???

Don't forget;
Laughter is GOOD for you!

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Aaaaand...there went my dinner. Thanks so much. Expect a bill in the mail for the cost of a new keyboard.

Hope you're happy.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I'm sorry!
It was her fault! How would you like to be a janitor at one of her concerts?

Come on!
The music would have to be at ear-piercing levels to drown out that 'melodious' voice!
It's funny that in the cowboy hat song, it's a 'cappella!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
the fans don't get to hear her crappy singing.

When she is performing there is a program that can run in real time called auto tune. The feed from her mic goes to a computer that is running this program before it goes to the PA. a sound engineer for the live show will get to hear the feed before it goes to the computer and they can hear what the singer really sounds like. Inrique Inglesias is really really bad. I remember a few years ago listening to the tapes his live engineer had brought back from the latest tour he had gone on, the singing was so bad i bet dogs around the block were all listening with their heads cocked to the side confused.

The program will listen to the feed from the mic and determine what the note or pitch being sung is closest to and then in real time bend the note up or down into the right note. you can even program the software to make sure the notes sung are actually the ones in the correct pitch of the recording. It will know that at such and such a time he vocal track is singing a d flat note. the live feed from the mic at the same time into the song is singing a c. and the computer will bend the note up to the d flat that was originally programed for that track.

Almost every song recorded on the radio these days uses this program. if you have good ears you can tell every single time it's being used. you can tell by listening to the transition between the notes when the singer is singing. The notes should have a steady glissando since the human voice is essentially a wind instrument. instead you will hear the voice sort of jump from one pitch to the other. it's subtle and depending on the quality of the production sometimes hard to spot, but it's there. I'd say about 80% of all current music recordings use this program. 80% of the singers out there can't sing.

THis program is also used live with just but everybody. people like madonna make their living off of the illusion it creates. some singers like barbara steisand have it running at all times just incase on the off chance that she flubs a note while singing. Barbara uses it like a safety net when she's having an off night. Mrs Spears relies on it to give the illusion that she is actually capable of singing.

The program came about initially to help things like guitars stay in tune during recordings. If the recording was a really good shot but a few notes were out of tune then with the program you could go back in pinpoint the flubbed note and bend it up or down to the right pitch. it was only a matter of time before the software tech became one of the crutches in the record industry and one of the tools they use to make their artist seem like they have any actual talent and aren't processed preconceived corporate crap being shoved down the consumers throat for big profits.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Wow!
So ANYONE can be a star!
Almost!
I used to be a lead singer in a few bands.
We had to have talent in the early 90's.

Why doesn't her mic pick up the synthesized music?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
also, about 50% of the time you see a singer on stage dancing and singing at the same time you are actually listening to a recording of the vocal track. you can't dance and sing at the same time . one needs to breath and the breathing for dancing and the controlled breathing needed for singing are two totally different things and can't be done well together. SO if they are dancing then they are not singing and the audience is listening to a recording of the vocal track.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
depends on what you mean by picking up the synthesized music.

The mic it's self has a range of only a meter or so and the shape of the magnetic field the mic creates dictates where the sound it picks up is in relation to the mic. most singers use a mic that casts a caratoid shaped field (heart shaped) the pointy part of the heart would be facing out and toward the singer (the end of the mic) it can't pick up sound coming from outside the field and the field only goes out a meter or so, and it's sensitive so you have to sing a certain volume or the mic won't register it. thats why singers have to get so close up to the mic when they are singing softly. the mic can't register the soft voice from a foot or so away.

same with the music in the back ground. you'll notice that when she turned towards the amps the the mic did sorta pick up what the band was playing. however the volume isn't load enough to trigger the program. it will use the dominate sound wave that it is picking up volume wise and try to work with that. the rest is basically filtered out because the sound is too far below the thresh hold for the program to recognize it.

If you are talking about what the audience hearing being feedback into her mic and it messing up the auto tune program? again the mic isn't pointed towards the crowd nor is it powerful enough to effected much by what the crowd is doing volume wise. ever notice when a band is singing and then they aim the mic at the crowd and the crowd sings. ever notice that when you listen to the recording you can barely hear the crowd. You'd figure that the mic would pick up the sound of 50,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs but they don't pick them up well at all. it's for the above reasons. So the engineer really doesn't have to worry about the singers mic picking up anything else that significant other than the singers voice.

top topics

join