It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School boy stabs 16 year old to death, satanism and music blamed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well........honestly i don't think the music has to do with the case....people kill people...not the music....did the parent ever noticed that about the child???.......the mental condition of the kid.......

THIS IS COREY TAYLOR'S OPINION........

"Slipknot front man Corey Taylor calls bull#. "Obviously, I'm disturbed by the fact that people were hurt and someone died," he tells Blender. "As far as my responsibility for that goes, it stops there, because I know our message is actually very positive." In the past, when Slipknot was linked to real-world violence, "I used to sweat it really hard," he adds. "But the thing I have to realize is the fact that I'm not encouraging anybody to kill anybody. I encourage our fans to express themselves, to stick together and to help each other.
"

"You have something like this happen, it could have been Marilyn Manson, it could have been any number of people who make art that is startling visually, on the darker side. It could've been Pat Boone, for Christ's sake. At the end of the day, there are always going to be mental disorders and people who cause violence for no other reason than the fact that they're #ed up and lost. And all we can do is try to learn from it."
"

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Just wanted to share a change of opinion I experienced yesterday. I downloaded the album Come What(ever) May by Taylor's other band Stone Sour for my Zune. I've listened to the entire album and I have to admit I was impressed with the lyrics & actually will agree with you that the guy is a message driven lyricist. (excellent album, BTW. Great comedic material in the same vein as Ministry, Dope, and Serj... comedic to me, at least. Your results may vary.)

Anyway, I still think it's ridiculous to blame anyone but the perpetrator in this case. I honestly don't care of some band put out a CD that consisted of 60 straight minutes of them repeating "Kill someone with a Kitana and blame Satan" over and over to a motograter & a synth bass generator... The blame goes on anyone who commits the crime, whether because of a weak mind or purely because they don't care.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Horrible for all those involved...

That aside! It is memory lane time! A time when music and the devil ate deviled eggs together!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Cradle Of Filth doesn't really like being called "satanic"... Just... ya know.. so you know... Because Dani always says he doesn't like that kinda stuff... lol... But yeah, to the REAL TOPIC HERE: that kid was probably just insane. Slipknot is DEFINITELY NOT satanic. Mommy and daddy just need to get it through their head that little Jimmy here is CRRRRAAAAAZZZZYY... lol... I mean common, that's just dumb! Music doesn't cause people to go out and kill people. Investigators aren't very good at picking up information I s'pose... lol...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Slipknot can't be blamed for this. Metal is a genre of music, not a dangerous cult. They wear masks, and ok, they look scary, but it's all part of a gimmick (Another point, how would the kid afford four Slipknot masks? I've heard that they are extremely expensive to buy, how would he pay for this without his parents knowledge or care?). They are designed to shock, as mentioned with the reference to '666'. For metal, they are hardly satanist. I don't know a whole lot about metal, but there are much heavier and much more lyrically negative bands out there - One band I do know of is called 'Cannibal Corpse', they have some pretty sick song names and such....

Bands like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson get blamed because they are the mainstream. They appeal to more than your traditional metalheads because of the gimmick, and because they do write melodic songs. Taylor himself has said that he likes to write songs that have a catchy, poppy feel to them. As with many bands, the members do go through hard times in their lives, and sometimes they come out of this with messages in their lyrics, but nothing satanic.

The kid was on drugs. How can you blame Slipknot for his rampage? He was high, and probably has mental problems and problems with his family. Metal music is just blamed because it's an easy way out. A way to deflect away from the fact that he was a drug user and perhaps had a poor family background.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join