It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not every violation of the law is a crime."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Mukasey: No prosecutions in Justice hiring scandal

...[Mukasey]...told delegates to the American Bar Association annual meeting, "not every wrong, or even every violation of the law, is a crime."

In case there was any doubt that we are no longer a nation of laws.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Tell that to a judge the next time you get a ticket for accidentally driving without your wallet and driver's license.

Tell that to a judge when you fail to accept and comply with the IRS's judgment of your tax liability.

Tell that to the American people when you gut the national framework in deference to your fellow Israeli coutrymen in the 'security' business.

The people of the United States ARE the law. You are NOT above them. You WORK for them Mr. M!

But of course, we know the truth. In America, only people like YOU are truly free. The rest of us are citizens 'at your pleasure.'

The BAR is now a business association, nothing more. Used to be an association of legal professionals who had, as officer's of the court, an obligation to the Constitution - now they just want to be 'in the club.'

As for the rest of us little people, "...we ain't in it!" (G. Carlin - R.I.P.)

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What a farce we have become.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Apparently not every violation of our rectums is a crime, either... these people are anally raping us every time they flap their fat ugly jaws. And since not every violation of the law is a crime, maybe that means somebody should shoot this crotchety old man in his big shiny forehead.

I'm curious to know now... what set of standards determines which laws it's not against the law to break?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Crime
Pronunciation: \ˈkrīm\
Function: noun

1. An act committed or omitted in violation of a law forbidding or commanding it and for which punishment is imposed upon conviction.

You think that would be day one of law school.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
well it all depends on who you are and what you have. See, the more money you have, the more freedom, liberty, and democracy you can buy. Therefore, there is lots of liberty and freedom for the elite ruling class, and for the fab high fortune teens we see on tv all the time, getting pulled over for drunk driving, and going on to do community service or rehab. You or I get pulled over, on the other hand, and we'll be doing time, paying money, and hopefully not losing our house and employment. See, thats cause we can only afford itty bitty amounts of "democracy" and liberty. And justice for all......rubbish.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I guess we really are that far gone. Even simple outrage seems to have become too much effort...and pointless.

I'm pretty certain that none of my neighbors are thinking about this.

It seems that we have given up and just don't realize it yet.

:shk:

[edit on 25-8-2008 by loam]

top topics

join