It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 87 Seek and Destroy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It was nice to see someone take GSP all the way through. That's something that doesn't happen often......

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'm disappointed with Brock's little performance after the fight. Complete lack of class on his part.

I can't stand a disrespectful attitude in the ring. It's something I consider when considering giving them my support as a fighter. There is nothing like the respect I feel for a fighter that acts like "Rush" St-Pierre, Anderson SILVA and BJ Penn. They are all really clean with no tattoos or colored mohawks. I'm not shallow I just hate disrespectful and "dirty" looking fighters.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I just don't like Lesnar. I mean I didn't think he'd loose but man I just never liked him. So my question is who do you think will take his fire?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

He's apparently scheduled to fight Kongo next, which I think is going to be a much better fight. But as it stands, I think Lesnar will ultimately run the table on the heavy-weight division.

Bit of a problem really.

GSP has no competition in his division, Silva has none in his, and Lesnar has the potential to run the table on the heavyweight. In the Light Heavyweight division, it's almost considered too deep. Now that's not really a problem, but it can lead to friction with guys who feel they deserve a title shot and not get it.

I like the idea of a GSP vs. Penn fight. I really like it because I might see it live. But in the same breath, I don't like the idea of moving up weight classes. A classy guy like Florian who deserves a title shot is going to be left hanging in the balance.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I don't like him either but he's a crazy gifted athlete considering his size. Frank Mir got lucky due to Lesnar's inexperience. I agree with you all.... Lesnar has a lot of future potential to dominate. In some ways I kind of like him as a "bad guy." A super-villian of sorts to root against!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join