It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total mobilization in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

LATEST: Georgian president declares \

news.bbc.co.uk

Georgian troops are nearing the capital of the separatist region of South Ossetia after a night of heavy shelling and air strikes on rebel positions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-8-2008 by rixhell]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by rixhell]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What is the US going to do?
US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has warned Russia against stoking tension in Georgia's breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ok so we got Russia and Georgia, and the US and Iran, and anything else.

I just hope my TV works during WWIII so I can sit back and watch the madness.

This will be better than football.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Maybe Ms. Rice would do better to worry about the war that her own country is involved in right now, instead of one that's about to break out in somebody else's backyard.

Why do they always feel that they have the right to stick their noses in everybody else's business, especially when their not doin so good in our own country.

And just what gives her the right to tell Russia what they can and can't do, when did she become nanny to the world ?

These people aren't gonna be happy until they do create WW111 and we're all blown off the face of the earth.

We need to reverse the clock and go back to being isolationists. Let the US take care of the Us, and everybody else take care of themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Russia should say:

Yeah we support South Ossetia and SO FARKING WHAT?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
We need to reverse the clock and go back to being isolationists. Let the US take care of the Us, and everybody else take care of themselves.

The last time the United States tried that policy, about 2,400 Americans lost their lives in just a few hours to a surprise attack from Japan. I think it would be an insult to their memory to revert back to such a discredited stance. Ignoring something and hoping it goes away doesn't work.

The US is getting involved because Georgia is generally very friendly with America, and has a desire to join NATO to protect themselves from Russia.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Putin said he had discussed the situation with Chinese leaders and with US President George W. Bush, who is also in Beijing for Friday's opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.

For those who wonder why the US would have involvment, here's your answer.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

The last time the United States tried that policy, about 2,400 Americans lost their lives in just a few hours to a surprise attack from Japan. I think it would be an insult to their memory to revert back to such a discredited stance. Ignoring something and hoping it goes away doesn't work.

- Are you talking about Pearl Harbor? You aren't serious, is this a joke? The "official story" is debunked for years - It was not a surprise attack. Please don't even start on the details.

Originally posted by Ste2652
The US is getting involved because Georgia is generally very friendly with America, and has a desire to join NATO to protect themselves from Russia.

- Seems like the enemy of my enemy is my friend? What other "good relations can there be" ? Do you at least know anything about Georgia, the whole history of the conflict in Southern Ossetia? Good relations - yes, geopolitical, nothing more (!)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
No what is an insult to their memory is the fact that the "surprise attack" was no surprise at all to our goverment !

If you actually believe that hogwash that people were fed, then i suggest you do some real research on the attack of Pearl Harbor.

We have stuck our noses into too many foriegn affairs already and it needs to stop. We are not the world police !

[edit on 8/8/08 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I like Russia better than the Uk and USA's foreign policies right now...say waht you like about them...but right now we have the fingers in all the pies and we are too stupid to know when to pull out....Uk is getting more vile everyday imo...we should drag every MP out westminster,throw them in a ditch and bury them in concrete.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If under the Washington pressure Tbilisi will bе still considered as possible member of the Alliance, Sakashvili will think we back his authoritarian rule. And it will make Russia stop аnу relations with West and NATO.

new topics

top topics

join