It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.A.S.A have changed their minds again Mars conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
First this

Scientists working on NASA's Phoenix Mars lander have confirmed that there is water ice on the Red Planet.

Then this

NASA has briefed the White House on its plan to announce a new finding on the "potential for life" on Mars, Aviation Week reports. NASA has no evidence that the red planet has harbored life, but new Phoenix lander discoveries suggest it is possible—a finding that Phoenix officials call far more “provocative” than the mere presence of water.

Now

New results from NASA's Phoenix Mars lander suggest that the surface layers of the Martian arctic region may not be as friendly to life as initial results suggested, NASA said today

It doesn't take a genius to see whats going on here.

Come on debunkers I know your there lurking in the backgorund, step forward and say "we told you so"

edit: Title change

[edit on 5-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It seesm to me that they found Mars to be more friendly to life than they first anticipated.
Now they want us to forget about it.

Are we going to let that happen?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wait wait wait wait, i'm totally lost here. So first they say they have found water on mars, that i remember reading a couple weeks or so ago, than they (NASA) issue a meeting at the white house based on mars within the past week. But now (here's where i get hung up) they say it's not as friendly as they thought? That the water isn't "friendly" water as first speculated? Really? Really? That's pretty dumb. I mean, seriously, do they think we are that naive to accept it? This ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet. Once they say it, it's totally legit

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Definately not. Enough is enough, its time to start doing rather than watching,

I am sending emails everyday trying to get the message across that N.A.S.A/Government are not what people think they are. Our government are to be blamed for absolutely everything that is wrong with this planet. Its sick!

The more they deny this the more questions are raised by more and more people. How long before concious awareness on a global scale? How long before the demonstrations? how long?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Its exactly what they are saying, we can all do our bit by emailing NASA aswell as filing for FOIA of suspected ufo cases. There is a guy on this site UFOREALITY that is doing exactly this, we should all take his lead and start something new.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have had it!!!!!!!!!

When are we going to all stand up against the lying SOB'S!!! This is a country built for the people by the people!!!! I will march on Washington, NASA whatever it takes to get the truth out.
To say that the water on Mars in not conducive for life is a bunch of crap!!! There is life flourishing in the deepest parts of our oceans in the most toxic of waters. I refuse to be manipulated any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Of course there is water on Mars and a hell of a lot more than they want to release to the public.

In case you haven's seen this yet. Keep in mind that this was back in May 2001:

Structures & Life On Mars

Now we are suppose to believe anything NASA ever tells us, again?

I think not!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It certainly is confusing, ive just visited the nasa website and found there streaming the teleconference at 2pm EDT.

streaming teleconference

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say (if anything)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
For me, all that translates into is "We need to justify the millions of dollars we've spent on the next missions already slated in for Mars". If they give us the definitive answers now, projects and government grants/funding could be scrapped.

That's why they sent a probe to look for water that we already knew was there. Kind of a backwards step from Viking which actually looked for life. Lets face it, NASA is a monopolizing money racket.

We need a new agency to step up to the plate to keep the b*stards honest.

As Richard C. Hoagland says, "NASA = Never A Straight Answer"

IRM

[edit on 5/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i chock it up to being different interpretations of the same story. go to google news once in a while. you will see 2 or 3 articles on the same topic that quite often tell different stories. no conspiracy here - the quotes you gave are quotes of the articles. i don't see any conflicting quotes from nasa itself. if you look at it from that viewpoint you can sort of see how they're saying the same thing, just in different ways.

if nothing else, you could actually pay attention to the text you quoted - "New results from NASA's Phoenix Mars..." sounds to me like they released an update to their initial analysis.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

There is that, but also don't forget that when the curtains come down and the 'storm kicks in' disabling the phoenix lander from communicating with us here on Earth. The real mission will start and that is HOW TO COLONISE MARS without starting anything with its original resident dwellers

What we see and read is not necessarily true. Perhaps around 5% of the picture would be accurate.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

you want to make sure and believe everything you read on the internet.. thats where you get the real facts... dont listen to anything that the expert scientist have to say, all that time they put into these missions,and the painstakingly hours.. and hours.. of study,and work.. mean nothing.. that is just a ruse .. so they can get lots of money to play there space games, you know.. like overpaid little kids. yeah.. thats it.. sure

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Go ahead it won't do any good. Don't you think someone thought of that before. You know what the government wants you to know and that's it, no more. I was in the military for 20 trs and what you civilians know about the military is only 10 % of what really goes on. You will only know what the government wants you to know. Period.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Nonsense. If the NASA/JPL people weren't all a bunch of godless heathen Scientologists, they'd be praying to God Almighty that they would discover life on Mars so they'd be able to keep their cushy, white collar welfare jobs forever.

Yeah, there's a little water on Mars. There's also some in my gin and tonic, but nothing's going to be living in it.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Nohup]

top topics

join