It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCain's America....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What do you guys think Mccain's america will look like 1 or 2 years from now, assuming he gets elected. And for that matter what would Obama's America look like? To bad we'll never see Ron Paul's America...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
With McCain there will be a back and forth fight between his administration and the Democratic led Congress. Not much will be achieved. We will still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. McCain will have more wrinkles.

Obama will be be busy consulting with different folks and filled with meetings to come up with his plan on what America needs. He will also be too busy dealing with foreign affairs and will not have much time to deal with domestic issues like he would like. Meanwhile the democratic led Congress will be busy trying to pass
what it deems is good for America based on the democrat party platform. Obama will go along with them. Majority of their legislation will be short term fixes. We will still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama will have more gray hair.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rudy23
What do you guys think Mccain's america will look like 1 or 2 years from now, assuming he gets elected. And for that matter what would Obama's America look like? To bad we'll never see Ron Paul's America...

We will still be in Iraq...

There will be more millionaires

inflation will go up

the minimum wage will be gone

Oil derricks at my favorite beach spot

gas will keep going up

more low paying BS jobs

and I will shoot myself so I won't have to worry,,,wish you all luck!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
gas prices will fall along with the American dollar. either case scenario
wars will continue to spread.
China is rising so fast I think the think tanks are petrified
full spectrum dominance will be challenged by Both China and Russia.
America will continue to lose freedoms and the decay will deepen and spread in America.
thats my optimistic view I won't tell you my pessimistic view .
too much gloom and doom isn't healthy.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yes, more millionaires, what a terrible thing. Blasted capitalism. Why should we have to actually WORK for our money anyway? That's so 1850. I don't think you're very familiar with the issues, the solutions to the issues, or reality.

Anyway. I don't think much will change regardless of the President besides gas going down and the economy bouncing back. The democratic congress will still have the lowest approval rating of all time, we will still be in Iraq because we have to clean up the mess Bush made, and there will still be ridiculous partisan politics full of legislators who are supposed to work for the people but don't, and Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagen will continue to be the best Presidents of our life time.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
*looks into his magical ball*

Under McCain:

-We will remain in Iraq, the tax payer will continue to pay for a war that is costing $200 million a day. Meanwhile the Iraqis will become less patient with their country being occupied regardless of what the republican led white house says and will increase their voices in wanting US troops to leave.

So, We will continue to stay in Iraq for the next 4years sacrificing a further 2000 troops, costing us another $300 billion all the while Iraqs wanting us to leave and the middle eastern tension increasing.

-McCain will have to pull out troops eventually, probably after about 4years, but by that time the peoples attention would have been led away from the Bush administration and the 2008 election.

-What happened under the Bush administration will probably be forgotten under the McCain administration. Nobody will bother talking about Bush and the reason for iraq in the first place will probably be forgotten aswell.

Bush will be pardoned, we all know why.

-Osama remains on the run but it would not matter to the american people for Iraq distracted them from the war on terrorism and McCains new administration will further distract people from Iraq.

-Recession and debt will continue to rise through the McCain presidency.

-Drilling in Alaska eventually although only by 2016 when Clinton is elected that oil will drop by a mere 2 cents. The oil will last through the Clinton administration and will run out by the time Obama is elected in 2024.

Under Obama

Besides the historical implications....

-millions of people come to watch and celebrate Obamas inauguration in Washington DC, never before has this been seen before. Among these millions are around 20,000 protestors consisting of angry disgruntled conservatives, "religious" folk and KKK/Neo nazi members. Despite the protestors, hardling any of them are noticed and many are pushed to the back of the crowds celebrating Obamas presidency.

Protestors claim on various news channels that their rights have been taken away, that they have been moved back forcefully. Angry people shouting racial slurrs in the backround as the reporter asks some of the protestors questions. Many protestors say this is an example of Obamas new fascist government (however hypocritical that may sound). People quickly forget about them the next day.

-Troop pull out of Iraq, in place will be UN peace forces and Iraqi troops.

-Things in Iraq will not improve for the first 4years neither will they get worse, things will remain relatively the same. Probably improve slightly.

-More focus on Osama, another 30,000 troops probably transferred into Afghanistan.

-Osama will probably be found dead 2years into Obamas presidency, rightwingers will claim that it was their war on terrorism that killed him.

-Under the democratic controlled whitehouse, people more willing in charging Bush and Karl Rove with corruption, abuse of power and misleading the public. Im not saying they will be indefinitely charged, but there will be MUCH more people out there willing to go against Bush.co in court for their handling of Washington over the last 8years.

-Most probably more revelations will come out about Iraq and the Bush administration, more people will come forward.

-Obamas performance as president will be good, not the best but certainly good, not like Carter (30years ago, get over it
) and nowhere near Bush as I see it.

-The troop pull out of the war will probably assist with the ending of the recession.

-Various movies, books will come out about the truth behind the Bush administration and the conservatives.

-Obama will have a stronger relationship with many of the middle eastern leaders as compared to any other president. Probably wont improve things there much but will strengthen trust.

-Assassination attempt on Obama fails. The suspect caught in this is a young white religious man "supposedly" angry at Obama for allowing abortion rights. Investigation into this person leads to a dead end. The young man refuses to speak any more, is sentenced to life in prison.

-The US government makes an offical apology to african americans and their ancestors for slavery. Republicans are furious and many conservatives protest in the streets carrying signs like "the end of america" and "they dont deserve anything", ofcourse the protestors are small in numbers and it lasts a mere 2 days.

-Blacks protest that president Obama continues to ignore his own people despite the fact his paid the most attention to them than anybody else. Numbers of protestors however are small.

-Obama ends his presidency in 2012 leaving Hillary Clinton, his secretary of state, to run for the democratic nomination. Many suspect that a deal was made in 2008 for Obama to gain Hill supporters in turn for Hillary to take Obamas place in 2012.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If McCain gets elected nothing will change, he might take a break in meter of fact because it was such a hard work to smear Obama's name during his campaign.
If Obama gets elected then he will become first black American president. But doh, anybody expected more? He will try to make "change" but then he will realize he cant because he is not in control or in power, so he will give in like all other democratic presidents and just become a sitting duck.
Does any one else think next president is just escape goat and most likely will get assassinated? Sorry this question might be off topic but i guess you can take it more like a statement.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Stewart's take on McCain's ambitions:

www.thedailyshow.com...

top topics

join