It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kumbaya Falls Flat In Berlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Kumbaya Falls Flat In Berlin

www.gopusa.com

The headline on the website of German magazine Der Spiegel about Barack Obama's speech in Berlin: "Huge Crowds Left with Mixed Feelings."

Two hundred thousand turned out for the speech, but CNN's Candy Crowley reported an "absence of euphoria" at the event.

As Senator Obama went global with "Yes, we can" and "Change we can believe in" he left at least some of the horde in Berlin scratching their heads. Perhaps these Germans, out to hear what all the excitement was about, were looking for leadership and substance rather than kumbaya.

What they got was the global version of "There is not a White America and a Black America and Latino America and Asian American America -- there is the United States of America."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Obama should have studied his history books before talking about "tearing down walls" in Germany. The Germans have a very strong sense of history, and do not take kindly to glib cliches to explain their culture.

www.gopusa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I can understand their confusion. Everytime I read or hear one of his speeches, I'm left rubbing my head as to what he was really saying. Maybe it's because he's a lawyer, and carefully chooses his words for their paucity of real substance.

At least they got a Free rock concert and lunch for their trouble, wish I could say the same.

new topics

join