It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes Broadcast Decency Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this should go there, so if it doesn't, mods feel free to move it.

WASHINGTON � In the wake of the so-called "wardrobe malfunction" during this year's Super Bowl, federal lawmakers passed a measure Thursday to hit TV and radio broadcasters with heftier penalties for
violating decency rules.

Wonder what the President will do!

Current indecency rules prohibit over-the-air radio and TV stations from airing material that refers to sexual and excretory functions between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when children may be tuned in. The Federal Communications Commission (search) already has said it will begin fining broadcasters for each indecent incident.

What's next?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Man... that means that Comedy Central is gonna be showing reruns of HeeHaw all day long! I could flip through cable TV right now and find at least 2 dozen violations within 15 minutes... and not to mention the radio stations! Holy cow... KBPI is so screwed! (can I say that? Oh yeah... fortunatly this isn't Radio or TV...)

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This focus on decency is really ridiculous when we have so many much more important concerns. Now all of our sporting events may no longer be live but tape delayed. At this rate we can get sued if we go on tv and talk about spitting on the sidewalk.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Now all of our sporting events may no longer be live but tape delayed. At this rate we can get sued if we go on tv and talk about spitting on the sidewalk.

The bill says that offenders will be fined, not banned. I don't understand why sporting events will have to be tape delayed.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess this means no more howard stern. This really sucks. I liked that show a lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Where have our virginal legislators been that this is the FIRST time they have seen lewd and lascivious dancing on stage? How about some of the non-outfits on award shows? Barely bleeped acceptance speeches? Please, who are they kidding?

Methinks this must be an election year

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is exactly what happens when parents start complaining. I'm sure they've done far more obscene things in public in their past. But everything changes, when they have kids of course. What a load of crap. Get over it folks. Sex is everything, Language cannot be silenced. You cannot stop the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I thought I stated "may" be taped delayed. I read that some broadcasters had already tape delayed certain event(s) and may possibly do this to other events. There's too much concern over this issue as far as I'm concerned. I don't want tape delayed events. I like it live without censorship. Just think, everyone else is discussing the horror of terrorism while Americans are busy making laws to prevent the horror of seeing the human body. Hmmm, maybe they have a point, people are getting much fatter here.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
And the censorship begins!!!

*hears the goose-stepping of the NWO....*

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I don't know if this should go there, so if it doesn't, mods feel free to move it.

WASHINGTON � In the wake of the so-called "wardrobe malfunction" during this year's Super Bowl, federal lawmakers passed a measure Thursday to hit TV and radio broadcasters with heftier penalties for
violating decency rules.

Wonder what the President will do!

Current indecency rules prohibit over-the-air radio and TV stations from airing material that refers to sexual and excretory functions between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when children may be tuned in. The Federal Communications Commission (search) already has said it will begin fining broadcasters for each indecent incident.

What's next?

I hope everyone at the FCC dies. I am so sick of these mindless bills and regulations. Here is an idea. CHANGE THE GODDAMN CHANNEL!!! If you don't want to see it, take your eyes off the TV and go run into heavy traffic...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This doesn't affect cable...yet. This DOES effect Howard Stern and he and we are none too pleased about it. I grew up with Howard when he wa sin DC and now the repugnants and the Jesus freaks are gonna take him out! I'm pissed. I hate this admihnistration, repugnants, and Jesus freaks!

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
And the censorship begins!!!

*hears the goose-stepping of the NWO....*

You mean to tell me that the biggest problem facing the US is wether or not you can show a boob on tv? This is what congress is spending their time and money on? Now wonder the country is so screwed up. *sigh*

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's sleight of hand...don't look at THIS problem...look at THIS minor issue over in THIS hand....

And it gives the press something else (new) to chew on.....like candy to a baby....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's sleight of hand...don't look at THIS problem...look at THIS minor issue over in THIS hand....

And it gives the press something else (new) to chew on.....like candy to a baby....

It's called missdirection.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Misdirection...whatever. Its just ANOTHER instance where this bastard unelected administration is taking our rights away from us, namely right to free speech and right to assembly.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Misdirection...whatever. Its just ANOTHER instance where this bastard unelected administration is taking our rights away from us, namely right to free speech and right to assembly.

Of course they are. I mean what is this # that every time Bush appears to give a speech somewhere and protesters appear they put them in "free Speech" zones? I mean WTF? Doesn't free speech apply everywhere?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why isn't there a universal hatred for Bush and his minions as I have? He's been a loser all his life and he's a loser now.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Of course they are. I mean what is this # that every time Bush appears to give a speech somewhere and protesters appear they put them in "free Speech" zones? I mean WTF? Doesn't free speech apply everywhere?

Yes, it does. Free Speech Zones are a legal fiction created by this administration to curb/deny your rights to free speech and rights to assmebly.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
What I don't understand is why isn't there a universal hatred for Bush and his minions as I have? He's been a loser all his life and he's a loser now.

I hate Bush and all of his minions as much as you do Colonel. I just dont express it every chance I get.
But keep fighting the good fight man.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have to for all the REAL americans out there. Not these Bible-thumping repugnant automotons that don't know jack about Jesus or the Bible but scream Lord Lord everyday!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join