It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come Some Of These User Names Are Getting Past T & C?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I've noticed a recent influx of sexually oriented user names, and I'm wondering how they're getting past the Terms and Conditions, and Moderators attention as well.

I'm not specifying any one user's name on this thread, as I'm not trying to start a posting war, nor user's stalking Me thread to thread, it's just something I am curious about.

I have been on an online BDSM area before, so maybe it's that I am instantaneously spotting them because of that, but I thought it was something that was against T & C. I could be wrong, just let Me know.

If Admin or Moderators want a heads up, U2U Me.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'll call one out, just because it struck out on the page:

ThroatYogurt, now that is a disgusting name and I can't believe they are allowed to keep that one.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

*Hugs*
LOL Spanking, I thought the same a couple days ago when I noticed some names that were like way too obvious, and very naughty!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

One of them I would'nt dare speak of!
Chat had some time talking about that one!

[edit on 7/14/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Maybe they're talking about phlegm? ThroatYogurt, I dunno - maybe it's a reference to the stuff smokers produce in copious quantities?

We do look at the handles new members choose and censor any sort of racist slur, drug reference or overtly sexual content, but we're human, and we make mistakes. Still, it's better to ere on the side of caution, I should think, than to run around imposing our will on everyone all the time.

In case you haven't noticed, we do try to be as light-handed as humanely possible, to avoid drama and keep people focused on the discussions and ideas.

Why don't you U2U me with the names that caught your eye Leonidas, and I'll post them for my fellow moderators to review?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Maybe they're talking about phlegm? ThroatYogurt, I dunno - maybe it's a reference to the stuff smokers produce in copious quantities?

You guys can mull over that one, but we all know what that person meant.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Courtesy Flush, would be a good name in case the name police come after any of you.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

*Hugs*
LOL Spanking, I thought the same a couple days ago when I noticed some names that were like way too obvious, and very naughty!

~Hugz~ Yeah, I try to let things be as they should be, for the most part. As far as specific names, I'm still not posting them here, you know how chat can be, let alone the boards of ATS/BTS.

Thanks darl.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

(I have removed this post, did'nt like it)

*runs out of thread*

[edit on 7/14/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I believe that the term for that is "Lung Mustard".

OP, I apologize if my username is one of the ones that offends you.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
yeah, im not one to get uptight about anything and no ones username really offends me at all, but i know ive seen at least ONE SN with "420" in it and was amused it was allowed.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
LOL karlhungis

Your name isn't offensive (except to the uninitiated), it's clearly a reference to what is, perhaps, my favorite movie of all time.

I think this is a valid point though - many, many names can be construed as offensive. Oftentimes, it's the observer with the dirty mind that makes an innocent phrase lewd.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

U2U on the way, and no, none of the people who have posted here, so far, are offensive to Me, and it's not specifically Me, I was thinking more perhaps of people who might be offended.

One of the very few times I'll defend the "right-wing", or the Dark Side as I reference it.

No, I'm not liberal, I'm right down the middle. I just hate the extreme right-wing that goes too far.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I noticed a few names as well, that I could not believe were allowed, but perhaps I just have really high standards.
Not to mention, with some of them..how can you take what they have to say seriously, when the entire time you are reading their posts, their outrageous username is right there?
My 2 pennies..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
WE do try to grab names that we deem unsuitable quickly but with so many members joining some slip the net,

We then come to a Cross road, Say a member has slipped through the net and starts posting more and more after a few months, what do we then do? Tell them to start over? It can be pretty hard to implement that and as you can imagine quite upsetting for the member,

so all we can ask is that if you see a new member with a name that you believe is unsuitable please contact us right away, We try to sift through as many as we can, The quicker we get to it the better on everyone it will be, The new member wont mind starting a new name ect,

Thanks

and on that note ill close this thread, Please feel free to u2u me or use the complaints forum if theres anything you need,

Or if you have more suggestions or issues,

[edit on 14-7-2008 by asala]

new topics

top topics

join