It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would NASA talk to ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hi ATS fans,
just like you I have read all the threads about NASA not telling the truth.

Has ATS, or somebody here ever actually COMMUNICATED with NASA?
Who here on ATS could/would/should write a open letter to NASA representing ATS? Mods?
Would we get reply? Will NASA actually talk to ATS? Or am I just being naive here?
Is it already done? Should we try again?

Now, what should be in the letter?
Maybe a ATS contest: "Who can write the best open letter to NASA"

Would NASA at least talk to ATS?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have written to a NASA person (one of the leading scientists), and to my surprise he answered my e-mail(s).

I think that if someone (the owners are the best people for that, I think) would contact NASA they would answer, if the case was well presented and in a way that would show that ATS is not one of those places where all people are against them, we just want to know the truth.

What would happen next I do not know, but probably many people would not believe the answer just because it came from NASA, so we would be at the same point as before.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ArMap! You da man. I too have written NASA and I've always received a reply and I'm not even a US citizen. Did I receive a "good" answer? Um, depends whom one chooses to believe. Have my US friends FOIA requests on the same subject matter ever been answered in a way that yielded any illuminating results? Guess.

Great idea to the OP.
I'd be surprised if the "PTB" at ATS and elsewhere would follow this through. Answers are not "good" for traffic as most answers are rather mundane and rooted in fact and frankly aren't that entertaining.

Les L.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It is a great idea, but I am afraid that we would receive the same standardised ‘approved’ answer anyone would get. I am pretty sure they will not receive the letter and think…
“The good people of ATS want to know the REAL truth. Oh well, since they asked so nicely we had better give it to them…”

It is still worth a try though and with the notoriety ATS has been receiving lately we should have some degree of credibility and respectful response but as ArMaP said, who here would believe it anyway? If they said there was active civilization on Mars there are those who would say they are just trying to shut us up or they were taking the p**s out of us. If they said everything is as they have reported the rest would scream cover up.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The guys for the job are Johnny Anonymous and Dave Rabbit, they could get a candid interview with someone from NASA.

It would take a PR firm in order to get an adiquate interview. Then members that have the most compelling information could submit their questions to Johnny and Dave to ask the people of NASA.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Are you kidding? NASA talk to a conspiracy theory website that has a membership that, almost entirely, bashes NASA. I don't see that happening, EVER!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well alot of articles published over the years on here have been above average questions that we as members tried to prove with our hardest ability...

you never know its worth a shot, alot of good facts have been brought up on the weirdest conspiracys... right down to those moon mission chatlogs, audiotapes, pictures, movies...

maybe even compling it all into a powerpoint meeting to just throw it all at em with a tune playing in the background...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I asked my big sister who is like y'know ancient and is a space-buff. Can you imagine being over 50 years old? Icky, saggy. She said there was a time when NASA did some stuff publicly to do with ET's and stuff. Way, way, way back I guess they did.

Maybe the mission statement has changed or they have different PR "people" now. Would they talk to ATS? Dunno. They have WALL-E as a spoke-bot so who knows? This isn't your Mamma's space agency that's for sure. But I did some searches and found some stuff that would indicate at one time they did actually sponsor some research and some serious discussions about matter.

Here's a couple of vids on Google that NASA had a hand in that don't seem like some dis-info campaign-coverup. You'd think that NASA would be beating a path straight for ET unless... they were liars like everyone else in authority and business these days.

This one I liked, meh - Ok. If you like egg-heads who are prolly dead now. It's called Life Beyond Earth And The Mind Of Man from 1975 and it says near the beginning that NASA sponsored it:

Google Video Link

The next one I thought was pretty zoot but it's ancient too. It's called Who's Out There and has some old guy narrating it but my sister said when she saw it in high school the film (what's film?) had a NASA super as a lead in and had the NASA logo thingy on the film can.

Google Video Link

The best one is a Rod Serling vid!!!! Awesome - Twilight Zone dude - Do, do, do, do - do, do, do, do. It's called UFO's - It Has Begun, it doesn't have any NASA sponsorship but it does have plenty of old people who were involved with the military and NASA.

Google Video Link

At some point NASA stopped supplying "interest" in the subject? Don't know when, don't know why. But by the time this century broke the tune had changed and I guess we're left looking for a smoking gun. Some private individuals started recording NASA's stuff, NASA knew it, didn't like that and moved the relay satellites to make it more difficult. Video today from space doesn't look like the video recorded in this vid called The Secret NASA Transmissions - The Smoking Gun. I wonder why?

Google Video Link

I watched these tonight and right now the last two..... won't play. Wooo. Bazilla-zing. Now you see it, now you won't? Google is our "friend". Uh, yeah - lotta friends lately. Maybe they'll fix it up at Google. Maybe NASA won't talk to ATS.
I guess they won't for sure unless someone from ATS if they have a real interest takes the initiative and actually asks. If NASA says "no" that's evidence, if they say "yes" that's mind-scrilla too.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

I think that NASA would talk to ATS, BUT what they tell us would be very far from the truth. Even if they did tell us the truth many people would just flick it off saying if it came from NASA then it's full of crap!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think Zorgon has a 'hot' line to them !!

Still, anything is worth a try IMO, just make sure the questions are relevent.

My question?

"Why are all the different nations going to the moon, why not pool resourses and money with a 'confederated' earth exploration?"

H

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

My question?

"Why are all the different nations going to the moon, why not pool resourses and money with a 'confederated' earth exploration?"

H

I would like to know the answer to that question also. One would think if we had combined efforts over the last few decades we could have explored most of the Solar System by now.

join