It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Planet Time or Table

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ok to start I am not absolutely sure this is in the right forum and have done a search for similar subject of the title 3 or 4 different ways, and about 5 pages in on each search and found nothing. I put it here because I am looking for religous reponse rather than scientific.

So... my question is if any of you have ever wondered what the other 9 planets in our solar system are for or why they are a part of our solar system (possible obviously resp) other than just spheres of elements; gas, water, rock, calm, storms, etc.? Is it far fetched to feel like "The 9" are a massive cosmic clock for "us" and the planets are part of a fancy time piece? Just colorful orbs that were all in a straight line, then each one pushed to start the clock and when they all line up again time is up? Or are we just like an extremely large scale atom that has just the right number of elements in our rings to hold things together and keep us stable?

What are your thoughts about this?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe you are right in a sense with the cosmic clock theory, As you probably know time as we no it, is not accurate in the slightest compared to time keepers of the past. E.G 60 minutes = 1 hours and 24 hours = 1 Day. was infact an invention of man way back.

So to constitute the actual frequency of time the nine planets may have been used in conjuntion with the stars and sun as a time piece yes.

Well thats my view anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

Thanks for the response. I mean when I was younger I always said "Well why don't they send something to Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune and see what's in them" rather than just images from a telescope or satellite. I guess I thought they could and should have since it would take so long for it to get there. That was it, but recently it was more of not just thinking of being in or on them, but why are they there period. So I couldn't help thinking about clocks, and then atoms because when you learned chemistry in school, the main point was to learn about electrons, outer rings, etc. and what made elements stable.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't think they're 'for' anything. Any more than all the myriad of other planets around other stars are.

Seems a strange question to ask

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I don't think they're 'for' anything. Any more than all the myriad of other planets around other stars are.

What's strange about it? Does no one wonder about the cosmos or universe? Why not then just have the Earth alone a set distance from the sun and let that be it?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheroqui

What's strange about it? Does no one wonder about the cosmos or universe? Why not then just have the Earth alone a set distance from the sun and let that be it?

Hello Cheroqui,

You are of coarse in the Space Exploration forum and you will find most of the people who visit this section of ATS think alot about the Universe.

I think that just like us (the people of earth) the solar-system is growing and expanding. The solar-system adopts new members all the time so in a sence it is growing and expanding. Just like we war sometimes; the solar-system is at war. Pulling and tugging sometimes clashing. So as it is on the small scale (us, humanity) so it is on the large scale.

peace to you

daz__

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheroqui

That's like holding a grain of beach sand between your fingers and asking "what's the purpose of the rest of the sand on this beach? Why isn't there only this one grain?"

Beaches have trillions of grains of sand because the natural processes of the Earth and its oceans creates them. The universe is full of (probably) 'billions of trillions' of planets because the natural processes of the Universe creates them.

13 billion years ago, the first stars formed from the condensed hydrogen that was prevalent in the universe (hydrogen being the simplest of all elements -- the early universe did not have any of the "heavier elements" that constitute most planets). Those stars lived for a couple billion years, then exploded. The energy from that explosion fused together some of the lighter elements in the star to create heavier elements. New stars were formed from the recycled stuff, and after a couple generations of star-making/stars exploding, there was enough "heavy elements" floating around the newly forming stars to form planets -- these heavy elements naturally clumped together due to gravity to form rocky planets, such as Earth.

Some scientists estimate there are 4 trillion planets just in our galaxy -- and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies. All of these planets are simply the natural result of the way the universe works...

...just like the beach-full of sand is the natural result of the way the oceans work. The Earth is just one grain of sand on the beach of the universe.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join