It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran needs our support to free itself from inequality, not war. We need to help in any way to bring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sharia law became an issue in Canada. There are some who believe it is a softening and preparing for North American Union, particulary if Obama is elected as there is much evidence that his ties are muslim. www.rense.com...

In Canada, news.bbc.co.uk...

'Integration

Iranian exiles
Some women who fled Iran do not want Sharia law in Canada

Leading the charge against Sharia law here is a group of mainly Iranian women who fled from the theocracy of Ayatollah Khomeini a quarter of a century ago.

In a peaceful Toronto park, as the rain began to fall, several of these women told me why they are so viscerally opposed to the idea of Muslim religious law being used in Canada.

"I came here to escape Sharia," one woman told me. "Under it, a woman is worth half a man. He can divorce her and she has no rights."

Another woman who was tortured in Iran told me the very word Sharia made her shiver. To her it is synonymous with a brutal form of authoritarianism, which discriminates against women.
'

A video showing the beautiful women in Iran who have fought for justice, and some of the brave men, those who have endured torture and death. I signed the partition. This country does not need war, these people need support. youtube watch?v=7DqDm5bA88g

The Roses of Iran

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Of all the injustices in the world that need to be addressed, I think Sharia law in Iran is fairly low on the list. Look at how women are being treated in Africa right now. There is no money to be made by saving them, so instead we will focus on Iran.

If we want to start being the world wide moral police, we should start at the bottom of the barrel, not somewhere in the middle. This isn't about morals though, this is about money.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
IMO, if "inequality" is a problem in Iran & if that's one of the reasons why the US is there (I already know it's not the reason), then I think the US would be better off to pull out of the Middle East & work on the "inequality" issues here at home first. Let Iran deal with its own problems while We the People deal with the US government problems.

I don't think that'll happen though...The neo-cons in D.C. want inequality at home, as long as they're the ones staying on top of the heap.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Two men responded. Interesting. SHARIA LAW IS ONE OF THIS WORLDS BIGGEST PROBLEMS. All the war efforts and even Africa, have been high on nwo agenda and both involve the depopulation of mother earth. 13 families have run this ugly patriarchal system for far too long. Iran needs peace and our support, as does Africa, not war. Women everywhere need to bring forth equality and true justice on this planet as there appears to be a little too much male energy going around, that needs to be rightfully balanced by the female. And due to certain forces, its become an issue in north america, and just what kind of slippery slope are we on? There must be a hideous plot from the shadow government to try and slam women back into the dark ages. I really hope people watch Roses of Iran and they their heart opens as they notice how beautiful these people are, how hard their struggles have been and DO NOT ALLOW YOUR LEADERS TO BOMB THEM.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

So, why exactly do you place the women of Iran above the rest of the women in the world? As a man, is my opinion that women are being treated far worse in Africa not valid?

Bah, never mind. I can already tell this will be a fruitless endeavor.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
All long standing victims take precedence over the advancement of greed by free countries.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A definition of Sharia law by Canadian meidia: www.cbc.ca...
"How did it originate?
According to Muslim scholars, the Prophet Muhammad laid down the laws. Some of the laws are said to be direct commands stated in the Qur'an. Other laws were based on rulings Muhammad is said to have given to cases that occurred during his lifetime. These secondary laws are based on what's called the Sunnah – the Prophet's words, example and way of life.

One of the major concerns of people critical of Shariah law is that it is SUBJECT TO INTERPRETATION and evolution. There is virtually no formal certification process to designate someone as being qualified to interpret Islamic law.

As it stands today, almost anyone can make rulings as long as they have the appearance of piety and a group of followers."

and

www.nosharia.com... International Campaign Against Shari'a Court in Canada

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Attention: Assignment Editor, City Editor, News Editor, World News Editor, Government/Political Affairs Editor

The coordinator of International Campaign against Sharia Court in Canada opposes religious schools being incorporated into the public system.

"We declare that the rights of the child should take precedence over any national, racial, economic, political, ideological, and religious consideration or interest; (AND THIS INCLUDES THE US PUSH TO FURTHER ITS NWO AGENDA BY DECLARING WAR WITH IRAN) Complete separation of religion from education; the State is obliged to ensure a uniform school system for all children under the age 18; No one has the right to prevent the child from all norms and standards and it is the duty of the State to protect the universal rights of the children; no one has a right to segregate children and place them under religious dogmas, traditions and habits; no one has a right to prevent the child from participating in social and leisure activities and prohibiting them from participating in dancing, singing, playing an instrument." We therefore call on the Ontario Provincial Government not to violate the rights of the child. The time has never been more right than today as we call for one secular school system
for all children and no funding for any faith-based schools."

www.slate.com...

"Sharia is a centuries-old system of justice based on Quranic law, and while it includes general provisions about the importance of justice and equality, as practiced throughout the world it has been used to justify stonings, the flogging of rape victims, public hangings, and various types of mutilation."

A very strange thing indeed to be contemplating introducing in any capacity in North America if the nwo agenda is not to officially stamp out the female energies needed to balance this world and tip it into develoment, equality and freedom of all its children.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The coordinator of International Campaign against Sharia Court in Canada opposes religious schools being incorporated into the public system.

"We declare that the rights of the child should take precedence over any national, racial, economic, political, ideological, and religious consideration or interest; (AND THIS INCLUDES THE US PUSH TO FURTHER ITS NWO AGENDA BY DECLARING WAR WITH IRAN) Complete separation of religion from education; the State is obliged to ensure a uniform school system for all children under the age 18; No one has the right to prevent the child from all norms and standards and it is the duty of the State to protect the universal rights of the children; no one has a right to segregate children and place them under religious dogmas, traditions and habits; no one has a right to prevent the child from participating in social and leisure activities and prohibiting them from participating in dancing, singing, playing an instrument." We therefore call on the Ontario Provincial Government not to violate the rights of the child. The time has never been more right than today as we call for one secular school system
for all children and no funding for any faith-based schools."

Thought I should mention the capitals here are my insertion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Iran the country is but a tool in the hands of a man intent on bringing forward hell on earth so his preverted "mahdi" can ooze out of the ground.

Iranian people are no different than the german people before and during WWII. They will pay the same price.............

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Dear, God, yes! Let's see...support groups like these or bomb...hmmmm...well, how will the military industrial complex make money if we support these groups...they can't...ok, so bomb the country...

It is the mothers of this planet who will save it, and the fathers must join us. Look at the Mothers of the Disappeared reference
There have been similar groups formed in other countries in SA and LA.

Groups such as these offer healing and progression. Bombs destroy and offer regression. Of course, the quick but lazy and fear-filled way is to physically destroy. The way of strength is not always so quick and certainly not for the lazy or fearful.

top topics

join