It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Supporters Voting for McCain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamikaze X

how about next time you post a link to your copy/paste section instead of stealing all of that information as your own work...plus it wont take up as much board space.

you can say

"oh...Obama hasnt done anything?? How about this this list of accomplishments

instead of plagiarizing it for yourself

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur

Obviously Obama and Hillary are opposites as well...if they were one in the same, then why did Obama win? Was it his race?

Well there can't be two winners so obviously somebody had to win and the reason why it was Obama is because his staff ran a great campaign. While Hillary thought she had the nomination in the bag and didn't plan past February Obama worked hard and earned the trust and respect of the people. He didn't use those same divisive hate filled tactics that Clinton used and this played well with the people. He showed that he was beyond the riff raff and was running a campaign for us, the people. He always inspires, he never talks about himself, he talks about what we can do to change America, That is why people love him and why he won.

No, its beacuse more people believed what obama had to say (unless you do want to admit its because he's black)

Read above.

People who sided with hillary now side with mcCain because he's not Obama. They despise Obama more than McCain, and for a democrat to say that about a democrat, should tell you something about the quaility of Barack Obama. (in case you cant figure that one out: his quality is slightly below chinese dog food)

The fact that a person would say that about Obama speaks nothing about him, but all about that person.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why does it speak about the person?

What does it say? That they should vote for obama because he's black? thats racist.

Your comment about why they should vote for him is said out of ignorance of the issue.

If i love the cowboys and hate the patriots in football
and the patriots beat the cowboys to get into the superbowl

im rooting for whoever the patriots play against

why?

Because id ont like the patriots.

open and shut.

Stop plagiarizing other peoples work too, you're taking up too much webspace.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

how about next time you post a link to your copy/paste section instead of stealing all of that information as your own work...plus it wont take up as much board space.

you can say

"oh...Obama hasnt done anything?? How about this this list of accomplishments

instead of plagiarizing it for yourself

Who cares where it came from, someone asked what he has done and I showed them.

Uh, I'd guess most care, but especially the
Terms & Conditions Of Use
Member since '02 ?
Maybe it's time for a review.
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

You raise a good point, no one is under any obligation to provide valid reasoning for any decisions they make, that's what makes living in a free society so great.

However, I am simply asking for some sense out of the OP. Or for that matter to anyone who would vote for someone completely against their supported candidate's views, just because that person beat their candidate in the primaries. Spite is not a good reason to pick a candidate.

As for Obama playing the race card, I agree that he does bring it up quite often, but so does everyone who discusses him, both in the media and these forums. And I'm sure it comes up more than enough in people's private conversations about politics. And frankly, its sickening. It's a sad fact that it's even an issue, pro or con. And it's probably something we'll have to deal with in this country for 4/8 more years if he wins.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

and i refer you to the T&C

you could have said exactly what i said, instead you chose to claim it as your own

if you copy/paste from a website, anti-plagiarizing common sense dictates that you provide a link from wence it came

but i wouldnt expect that line of thinking from a obamanite. Obama is the king of plagiarism in this campaign

and since i knwo you'll reply that plagiarism isnt plagiarism if the persno who's being copied doesnt "mind"

i refer to you this second instance of plagiarism

and i also refer you to the direct meaning of plagiarism

[edit on 6-6-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lucien

It is truly a sad day for the democratic party when childish Hillary supporters vote for McCain because they had their feelings hurt.

The entire time I was saying Hillary stands no chance. For gods sake, her husband is Bill Clinton.

Why you want to see another Clinton in the white house is beyond me in the first place, but switching sides just to spite Obama is a terrible reason to vote for McCain.

If you really cared about this country, which it seems you do not, you would not have done so.

McCain is a continuation of Bush's failed policies, Clinton is an elitist as much as she tries to portray Obama as one, and Obama is not much better than the other 2. I see him as the least evil of the 3, and even then not much less evil.

However, McCain's hypocrisy is astounding. He claims to be different than Bush, yet votes the same way for nearly every bill. He is the same.

Hillary is a plant, that much I am convinced. She is not from New York state. She currently lives in Westchester county in one of the richest towns and calls Obama an elitist. What a joke.

She lies and lies and lies, smears Obama, and gets away with it. The media has quite frankly treated her like a princess for the amount of # she has stirred up.

Compared to the other 2, Obama seems like a saint.

For christsakes this is the American nation we are talking about, not some petty popularity contest. We are voting for who should lead this country, for better or worse, and the best reasons to vote for McCain are his experience? Are you kidding me?

Experience in politics is a bad thing. The longer you're a politician, the more corrupted you become. I would vote for a newbie over an experienced politician any day.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thank you for finally providing your source.
But let the record show that he had to be called out on it before he produced the results.

and in case you were wondering

1c.) Intellectual Property: You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, material previously posted by you on another website nor link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution, as defined by The Owners, to its original source.

straight from the T&C thread.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok, folks. Let's stay on Topic.

And we'd prefer you use the Complain / Suggestion feature , rather than derail the thread stating rules and regs.

We also have the u2u system which can be utilized for friendly behind the scenes correspondence to discuss off topic points.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nobody cares about other people's opinions here (rightly so) and so I thought I would give you mine, just to add to the clutter.

#

I like Obama because he's very cool – I've never seen him overly flustered or hostile. He's got a great manner and is quite eloquent. I like the fact that he is partly African American, and electing him makes a great statement. I think he is quite witty.

I like McCain because he is also cool. And he is a war hero. But he's not as cool as Obama. It's still a toss up for me, but I'm leaning towards Obama.

I don't like Hillary Clinton because her husband was a horrific womanizer. It's guilt by association, but I can't help but feel that she was an enabler. She's very attractive (in an older sort of way) but she's a bit mean spirited, I think. She is cute. But not very funny. She's a bit of a victim, and a bit too shrill for me.

#

So – you might think I am very superficial and shallow that I don't bring health care or other topical issues into this discussion. But the fact is the President doesn't have a lot of power, and is mainly a figurehead. Congress is going to do what it does irrespective of who is President.

I know that a lot of people will argue with me on that point, but they haven't read their constitution lately. Nothing happens in the USA without the consent and approval of the legislative branch. The USA President is mainly a figurehead, has a lot less power than people realize.

We wouldn't have the mess in Iraq, nor would we have high gasoline prices, if Congress had done its job. The whole legislative branch of the USA needs to be fired.

Do you even know the names of your two Senators and Congressman?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Maybe this was the plan all along, the only way of getting a Republican back in office.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

I think that was actually a good post

i disagree with your liking of Obama, but atleast you provide a real, non-BS reason for it.

props to you

It seems the mods have it out for me in this thread though, and since Kamikazee wont' respond...ill go somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is calling for unity in the Democratic party, and is supporting Obama. It seems like her supporters would follow her lead, if they really are her supporters. Nothing could be worse than a Republican in the White House for another 4-8 years. Even if you think he's not your first choice, he is at least the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

another reason why democrats would rather vote for a patriot who's served his country (mccain) over a racist, elitist pig, like Barack Obama

Let me guess, thats his decision to make, right? Is it the right one for a U.S. Senator and 2008 presidential democratic nominee? is it okay for him to show clear signs of unpatriotism ?

I'll take another 4 yeras of Bush, before i take a racist pig who will give this country to the highest bidding terrorist.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Sestias

another reason why democrats would rather vote for a patriot who's served his country (mccain) over a racist, elitist pig, like Barack Obama

Ha good one. Was that meant to be a joke? You're calling Obama a racist? Why don't you research Fuhrer McBush before you call other people racists.

I'll even do the research for you.

A condensed summary of why not to vote for McCain

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Juany wasn't born on American soil, he was born in Panama. Juany is a warmonger who "detests war" (no joke), dislikes blacks, hates Vietnamese people, called for the death of Fidel Castro, another human being, claims a genocide will happen in Iraq if we leave with no options how to stop a genocide (there's already a genocide there but Juany will tell you otherwise that the "surge" worked and our troops are doing a "heck of a job" - yeah right), the media is completely ignoring Juany's racist comments, yet giving Ron Paul crap for something a pamphlet he had nothing to do with wrote in the 1980s, oh and the best part:

He's a great friend of Hillary Clinton. You think we have a choice? Forget that.

Now why would 2 opposing party candidates be "best friends" may you ask? Is it because they are essentially the same person? Hillary Clinton and John McCain, sorry Juan, are both neo-conservatives. Juan is not a true conservative and Hillary is not a true liberal. They both are pro-big government, pro-big business, and corrupted by lobbyists (aka greed).

They are not here to benefit the American people, they are here to benefit themselves. It is clear Hillary does not care about what's best for America. She only wants to be President. The Clintons want to ensure the Bush-Clinton dynasty lasts for another 100 years, just as long as McCain's war in Iraq (or war on terror, depending on how you quote his statement - either way he wants 100 more years of war).

DEBUNK THAT JUAN MCCAIN LOVERS.

Let me guess, thats his decision to make, right? Is it the right one for a U.S. Senator and 2008 presidential democratic nominee?Is it okay for him to show clear signs of unpatriotism ?

I didn't know worshipping a flag was equivalent to being a patriot. Putting your hand over your heart does not make you a patriot, it makes you a follower.

Why does one need to be patriotic? That's the kind of nationalistic bullcrap that got us into this mess in the first place. We are world citizens who happen to occupy the land called the United States. We are one nation, one world whether you'd like to admit that or not.

I'll take another 4 yeras of Bush

Well you can vote for McBush and you'll get what you deserve: The Patriot Act 3 and Martial Law. Have fun with that. Keep drinking the kool aid I bet its tasty.

before i take a racist pig who will give this country to the highest bidding terrorist.

Again, research your Fuhrer before you call others racist. McCain is one of the most racist and bigoted Senators in power at the moment. I also fail to see how Obama will sell this country to terrorists. Is he somehow weak on terrorism? Riiight. I forgot invading sovereign nations is 'national security'.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Obama's been treated as the Dem heir apparent since the beginning of the Campaign season. He's ‘likeable enough‘…..but not qualified to be POTUS. After dealing with Bush for the past eight years the last thing we need is another on the job learner. Hillary could have hit the ground running from day one. I considered voting for McCain until I recalled his infamous "How do we beat the Bitch" comment. I'll vote my local and state officials and ignore the presidential part of the ballot.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding me why I have nothing in common with Hillary supporters. What I disliked most about Bill Clinton when he was President was Hillary. At this point all I can say now is, Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead.
Thank God.

Other than personalities Obama and Clinton are very much alike, a few small issues aside. I understand Clinton supporters anger, but I wonder why you want to shoot yourselves in the foot. Doesn't make much sense, unless you're thinking of having Hillary run again in 4 years - that I could see if Obama gets beat.

Still, what if Hillary becomes VP - I mean everyone knows there's allot of nut cases that may try to kill Obama. I think they need to step up his protection to the max, immediately. Look where that would put her. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary and company were behind it - look at all the deaths they've left in their wake thus far.

I used to be a hard core Republican who's become so fed up with George Bush, the Iraq War and lies that led up to it, the Patriot Act, so I can't possibly vote for John McCain even though I come from a Navy family.

Don't forget, Bill Clinton is just as responsible for our gas problem, as he signed the treaties that has allowed China to grow which has turned up the demand for oil. Not to forget Hillary's connection to WalMart and its products from China.

At this point I like OBAMA, not for his beliefs or policies, but the way he carries himself, where he came from and the fact that he is a black man. I think it would be good for all of America in the long run, if black kids (or white) can look up and see that they can be anything they want to be not just sports stars, rap artists, or gangsters.

edited to add: BTW - If you're wondering I'm white, and at one time in my life I would have never considered voting for a black man, but I've grown since then.

Besides, I see Obama as a wrench in the system I've lost hope for, so that's good enough for now.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

the best reason anyone has given thsu far to vote for obama

At this point I like OBAMA, not for his beliefs or policies, but the way he carries himself, where he came from and the fact that he is a black man. I think it would be good for all of America in the long run, if black kids (or white) can look up and see that they can be anything they want to be not just sports stars, rap artists, or gangsters.

I agree with the outcome, i just disagree with the man

but it is your opinion, and a good one at that, so kudos for an actual explanation. At the beginning of this whole thing, i had thought about voting for obama, but the longer the debate drew out, i realized write-in was inevitable....
hillary = same ol same ol
mccain = same ol same ol
Obama = change. But his change is racism (in my opinion)

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Besides I see Obama as a wrench in the system I've lost hope for, so that's good enough for now.

I think that is quite profound. Really, it is one of the major reasons I like Obama.

Voting for Obama alters the status quo so dramatically with one very sharp impulse, like smacking the top of a Jukebox to get it to work. (Recall Fonzie, in Happy Days. Maybe that is too obscure a reference?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join