It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist... more questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Id like to start off by saying thank you for reading, and how increasingly amazed I am by this vessel of knowledge. Everyone on this site is such a valuable source of information and understanding. I am truly amazed.
I am only 19 years old, so this movie hit me and the world and what I thought I knew, like a ton of bricks. If you haven't seen the movie "Zeitgeist Movie," I suggest you type in zeitgeistmovie.com, and taking a look. It should be up your guys' alley.
I would like to also tell you that the ideas and concepts are very controversial, and made me quite mad. Every time I watch it now, I skip the first portion dealing with religion. I was intrigued and confused, but, at the same time, it sparked thousands of questions. With the religious portion aside. I don't think I will ever understand the true controversy and dilemmas presented with those ideas in the movie. Here are a few of my questions and theories.

1. If the US govt made a terrible decision that the towers were most likely to fall, (which was untrue, due to the creator of the towers, telling us that multiple Boeing's could have hit, with out collapse) what if they decided to plant explosives, to try to help the towers collapse on themselves, to reduce any more casualties of bystanders and the occupants of surrounding buildings? ( I'm not sure what I believe yet, if they were planted to destroy, to help, or if there even were bombs. Just a thought.)

2. If what is told here, about the Federal Reserve banking system, and the ties to the govt, and the theory of war being profitable to high-end a*s holes, wouldn't the terrible thought of lives having price tags, be true? I have had many close friends, family, family friends, etc. loose their lives for what they believe in. And quite frankly, I think, if they now have a price tag stuck to their lives, someone needs to send those a*s holes over to fight alongside the genuine, American soldiers that are fighting for, what the movie tells us, completely insane, hellish reasons.

3. According to the movie, because before this like many, MANY others, I had no idea, the Federal Reserve Bank is a privately owned and operated bank. If so, why doesn't someone with a sufficient amount of power, try to create their own money system? One that has the PEOPLE in mind, although that is obviously difficult as we have seen in the movie. Like I said, I am only 19, so I don't know the intricacies of... the world. I know that it isn't as simple as coloring someones picture with crayons on a piece of paper, but if its destroying an entire country, why doesn't anyone try something new?

Like I said before, thanks for listening. This movie should be shown to as many people as possible, except for the first part, about religion. That really messed me up and pissed me off, but the rest is well researched and excellently presented. Anything you have to say, respond, or any other questions you can add would be well welcomed. Sorry if this topic is over talked and ground into the dirt, but I know you are the people to ask, if any.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by dmbandlover]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi dmbandlover,

I realise also that this subject has been battered about so much but having just finished watching it for the first time i thought it best to comment.

Why did you find the first part annoying? I was thinking that you were a religious person and i thought that for anyone who has a belief would find the first segment offensive, i myself am not religious at all.

I never felt like i was being dictated to in the movie which i feel is the most powerful aspect of it, i always struggled to believe that 9/11 was an inside job but from seeing that part in the movie i have to question it further. I guess a good little project would be to really research what the documentary says to see if the facts fit the claims they present. The main thing i took away from the movie is that we ARE being hoodwinked by people upstairs and i am quietly choosing my own path to stay clear from anything that looks like MY rights and beliefs are being bended for greed or power.

All the very best to you

October

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply, October.
I don't think I explained myself clearly, I was VERY offended by the first section. Whenever I show the movie, I quietly skip the first portion, and start the movie at the beginning of the second part. As for the rest of the movie and the absurd but true concepts, I now feel like the most naive, oblivious person here!!

join