It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

national identification card.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

During Congressional testimony on May 13,1997, economist Steven Moore stated that "this idea of national ID cards first surfaced in a Reagan Administration cabinet meeting in 1981. Then Attorney General William French Smith argued that a perfectly harmless ID card would be necessary to reduce illegal immigration. A second cabinet member asked why not tattoo a number on each American's forearm. According to Martin Anderson, the White House domestic policy advisor at that time, Reagan blurted out, 'My god, that's the mark of the beast.' Anderson reports 'that was the end of the national ID card' during the Reagan years. But bad ideas never die in Washington, they wait for another day." (U.S. House of Rep. Subcommittee on Immigration).

That day arrived last September when the president signed the bill containing the obscure passage which creates the ID system. In title IV, section 656(b) the legislation contains all the elements necessary to convert your state driver's license into a national ID card. It specifies guidelines that must be complied with for state identification documents (driver's licenses) to be used as identification for ANY federal purpose

This is getting a little to close for comfort. I dont like the idea of the government requiring me to have all of my information on my person at all times.

Friends we are going down a dangerous path, first its a national id card next its a national id/atm card that has all you money on it, then who knows whats after that. all i know is all my information on one card under the control of the government sounds like a bad idea. We cannot give them the authority to do this to us.

check out the legislation on it, it was passed 261-116 or something. Real ID act.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by caballero]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Good ole patriot act my friend.The government wants us as hamsters.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
its disgusting to think that we are giving them the authority to do all of this. we need to stand up for our rights and stops all of these kinds of acts like the f*ing patriot act the real id act, and soon to be house a federal agent act(not a real act...btw).

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Since they passed that bill and 911.Ok i understand you wanna take your intelligence and find the terrorist.But they went from not finding bin laden to now given the right to peak in us citizens mobile,landline,etc all for what?We no longer have any privacy due to that damn act is going.They claim they found some us sleeper cells.Whatever they are so full of cabbage.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

youre right after 9-11 it seemed like a good idea you know "find the terrorist and save america!!" how ever its more like "pretend its for the terrorist and use it against america!!". they claim they found sleeper cells just like they claim they found wmd in iraq all that time ago its just words to keep us quiet that much longer. we are digging our own grave with these god forsaken acts.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The UK wants one of these methods of gaining control of your identity (and putting it all on a card, 'neat' as you'd say in the US) and say it will do so much for us all here. I think that they've stopped at saying that it will end world hunger but they might have said this also and I missed it when I stopped listening to the UK government about 20years ago?

We have this big bit of water that surrounds us here in the UK and if they can't use that to keep out the 'un-wanted' then I don't think that a piece of plastic is going to further that argument? Besides, the bulk of illegal immigrants march in via airports and it doesn’t take a lot of investigation to see that illegal immigration is all part of the government destabilisation plan to divide its own people and justify their police powers to deal with their own created problem! And, the sheep that votes for any of the main parties in the UK contribute to this mess!

ID cards worked very well in Nazi Germany and people knew exactly why they had them, if this is the same control of the UK people then I guess that it will happen in the not too distant future. The NWO demands it I suppose and the government have to comply with their ‘masters’?

(Just supplant the letters US with my UK, it will still work for you to understand what’s going on there)

top topics

join