It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over the Everglades.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A friend of mine was out on I-75 in south florida. While driving along he noticed what looked like something shooting up at great speed and leaving this in the sky.

I'm not sure if that's a cloud or if it's something UFO related. Maybe someone else can make out what it is.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It looks like a lenticular cloud but the light within is pretty interesting. Do you happen to know what direction he was heading? And on what date this happened? Was there any activity at the Kennedy Space Center that could account for this? I looked on the KSC website and they have a schedule of upcoming launches Space Center Launch Schedule and a calendar which shows past missions. The most recent was the Expedition 17 Soyuz Launch on 04/08/08.

Can you get more details?

link   
Picture of a lenticular cloud for comparison:

[edit on 5/23/2008 by JeepGal]

link   

It looks like a lenticular cloud but the light within is pretty interesting. Do you happen to know what direction he was heading? And on what date this happened? Was there any activity at the Kennedy Space Center that could account for this? I looked on the KSC website and they have a schedule of upcoming launches Space Center Launch Schedule and a calendar which shows past missions. The most recent was the Expedition 17 Soyuz Launch on 04/08/08.

Can you get more details?

[edit on 5/23/2008 by JeepGal - Stupid tripple post!!!!!]

[edit on 5/23/2008 by JeepGal]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
A friend of mine was out on I-75 in south florida. While driving along he noticed what looked like something shooting up at great speed and leaving this in the sky.

Your friend's story aside, it looks like a cloud to me.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

Date was yesterday. 5-22-08 at approximately 7:30 last nite.
He was heading north on I-75 and it was to the West of his car. He also says that the cloud was concave like a mushroom.
Kennedy space center is about 200 to 300 miles to the north of where he was. That's central florida this was in south florida.

Here is a link to google maps so you get a better idea of where the picture was taken.
Google Maps

[edit on 23-5-2008 by grey580]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
THe time of night (7:30 PM) and the shape of the "UFO" leads me to believe it is in fact a cloud. That would explain the luminesence effect. THe sun is much lower and the glow source is in the sky glaring through the highest part of the cloud.

new topics

top topics

join