It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US headed toward a total economic and social breakdown…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxLady
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I have read all the posts in this thread, and found that most are thoughts I have had and feared for sometime now.
There are those of you who quote or retell History quite eloquently, and the intelligence of those (most anyway) posting is evident.
With all that I have read and know,I still do not know one thing...what am I to do? Do I move out of the country? Do I stand and fight greed in its purist form ? If so how? How do I keep my gas tank full? And my children from starving? When there are only so many hours a day that you can work and at the end of that day you are still living not week to week but minute to minute, what do you do?

I am a wife and a mother of 4. We work hard, have no credit card debt (thanks to my husband believing in always paying with cash) we do not splurge or live a lavish life style. We have no insurance, but do not qualify for assistance. We have a daughter with extreme health issues that put us in the ranks of those whom lost their homes to foreclosure.
What is most alarming about all of that is the sad fact that we are not alone in our boat...I look to my left and to my right and there are families just like mine and worse off struggling every day and for what?
For our government to tell us "its all going to be ok" ?
HOW is it all going to be alright?
We The People see whats wrong , the rest of the world sees what is wrong, we all talk about what is wrong...thats on the table.
What I want is some kind of idea of what it is WE, you, me the guy next door and his family...WHAT SHOULD WE DO ? or more to the point.. What CAN we do?
Everything in my being tells me to not give up, I`m stubborn that way and my Faith in God won't let me just give up. But I have run out of ideas of what to do next, what to cut out of the expenses, how to tighten my already tight budget...

I KNOW it is only going to get worse, and I KNOW that our government could not care less, I am an uncounted statistic.
What I do NOT know is what to do now....if you have a realistic clue..please do share because I`m tired of all the stuff I know..I want to learn something new & helpful.

Have you ever had to walk away from someone, a friend or maybe a family member, when they were getting ready to totally screw up their life, and you've told them how it was going to go down, and they disbelieved you?

The USA is that person. I've given up on trying to "inform the people", because you know what? The "people" (as in the majority) DO NOT CARE. As long as they get their American Idol (aptly named, btw), their celebrity gossip, and their prescription drugs for depression.

The hardest thing to do is to realize that America is too far gone for saving. It will be judged, and judged soon. Take solace in knowing that the banks are soon going to go bankrupt too. They all have $$$ in their eyes, thinking they are going to make a fortune on all these foreclosures, but they don't realize that there won't be a turn around from this fall.

Get out of the city, if you live in one. Save food and water. Buy a water filtration unit (a true survival filter, not a Britta). LEARN HOW TO MAKE A BUCKET THAT CAN BE USED DOWN WELL PIPES FOR FRESH WATER WHEN THE ELECTRICITY GOES. Buy guns and ammo. The SKS rifle is cheap, the ammo is cheap, and it is surprisingly accurate.

Grow your own garden. If you don't have the room for one, move. Slowly stock up on things that are going to be in short supply. Read about survival strategies.

But, the most valuable advice I can give you is this: Lose your attachment to material things. Realize that material things are not that important, and that includes your "house" or "home". Actually, that's the second most valuable advice I can give you. The first would be: Trust God.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There is a way to fight all of the things that are going on in this world right now, by going back to our basic roots. That is, re-educate ourselves from the garbage that has been brainwashed into our minds since the mid fifties. We have been slowly but surely fed mis-information through TV, radio, newspapers and even computers now(makes it easier with the internet) just to name a few. Just think about it for a moment and you will understand. Look at how our country has gone downhill over the last 15-20 years, and people just set back and do nothing about it.

It`s like, oh well, maybe someone else will do something about it. It use to be a minor few did think that way many years ago, but now it`s the greater pubic that thinks like that. We get fed from our government(who trully wants the NWO) just what info they want us to be fed, and no more. Even if it MEANS making it up. Look at how our dollar is, not doing very well right? Believe me, it`s going to get worse till somebody says, hey, lets do what the European union is doing, do away with the dollar and go to one currency world wide, and we will. I can go on and on with this, even from the beginning, when this all started. It is a long and evil story.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

I completely agree with this. When you say go back to our roots however, will that happen naturally or do we have to act? I have heard many stories and watched many videos which state that the end of the 5th cycle(2012) will do just that, it will be a new beginning. I am very curious to read your response, this topic just fascinates me greatly.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When I say go back to our roots, I mean in a spiritual way. Re-learn what we are, why we are, and where we need to go in life. Everything we have learned is me me me, and what I can get and have out of life. Little do we understand how the "me" effects the "all". And yes, there is still time to turn things around before 2012 Steve.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by FiatLux]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join