It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flexible Steel shown on TV!!...Science Channel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Last Saturday, at a friends house throwing a B-party for another friend, we were standing outside at the B-B-Q just shooting the breeze when all of the sudden one of my friends says >>"Oh hey... did you see on TV where they can now make Flexible Steel?!! It's crazy because they can bend it in any shape they want and it will 'flex' back to it original shape!!"

My other friend that lives with him said.. "Oh yea!! I saw it too and it was weird and kinda funny!"

I just said.. "hmmm.. you're joking..right?" as a chill ran down my spine..

Friend: "no.. it was on the Science Channel on How it's Made program ...I think"

Can anyone please confirm this? I searched on the How it's Made, Google and Discover Channel but couldn't find anything... It was aired last week here in Portland Ore metro area..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Frames for eyeglasses have been made using that sort of material for several years now. I can understand not knowing about it if you don't wear glasses.

Nothing to be alarmed about, look on an eyeglass dealer's website and you'll find it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Think that stuff is unbelievable, check out metamaterials. Another example of how nano technology is going to enhance our world.

here are two more sites

Optical Metamaterials this has military stealth aplications.

Metamaterials.net

Also

I have always been amazed by Smart Alloy

[edit on 5/19/2008 by eye open doors]

[edit on 5/19/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I belive i saw the program you are talking about...

There were 2 types of metal...

Each was in a thin strip of metal, and one reacted to heat, the other, cold...

It could be bent into anyshape, then blasted with cold...

It was cool... Another type went bad orginal shape after contact of water...

Its cool metal, that in the future could have great results... right now, i suspect its still too expenseive...

top topics

join