It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India 2nd largest seller of carbon credits globally,China No.1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marmelade
*Yawn* Who cares which country pollutes the more...they all pollutes too much,anthropogenic global warming or not, every country should start to clean their yard and stop pointing fingers...

edit : typo

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Marmelade]

I believe that is what has been going on here in the USA for over 30+ years.I believe some of us are trying to point out the fact that some people are quick to jump all over the USA for pollution without looking in their own back yards first.If you read through the posts you would understand how this came about.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I believe that is what has been going on here in the USA for over 30+ years.I believe some of us are trying to point out the fact that some people are quick to jump all over the USA for pollution without looking in their own back yards first.If you read through the posts you would understand how this came about.

I've read all post thanks
All I've said is that don't see the point to say "USA pollutes the more!", "No it's China!", "No it's India!".
Too much pollution everywhere !!
And I remember Freedom Fries I know what you feel when people are quick to jump on your country
Ok Chelsea vs Manchester restarts, Goo CHELSEA!!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

POLLUTION TO THE OROYA CITY PERÚ
The years 2006 and 2007 the Blacksmith Institute have accomplished a research about the cities more contaminated to the world and arrived to the conclusion that the Oroya City was between the 10 cities more polluted of the world and the environment, Graffiti 2008 is between more pollute too to the world and the 2008 Blacksmith Institute and Green Cross Switzerland say that Oroya is between the most polluted of the world. This qualification are benevolents; according to my researchs to many years that I am publishing, the Oroya is the more polluted to Peru, Latin America and of the world and every day is being more polluted: lead in blood in children in the Ancient Oroya in average 53.7 ug/dl ( DIGESA 1999); pregnancies women 39.49 ig/dl ( UNES 2000), new borns children 19.06 ug/dl, puerperal 319 ug/100 grams/placenta ( Castro 2003) and workers 50 ig/dl ( Doe Run 2003). Top lead in blood accepted 10 ug/dl; present day is 0 ug/dl ( Pediatric of Academy to USA)
When the Oroya city was in hands to the CentroMin eliminated only by the upper chimney to 167.500 meters, in average by day in tons: sulfur dioxide 1000, lead 2500, arsenic 2500, cadmium, particulate matter 50 and so on, more 24,000 to toxis gas product to the incomplete combustion of the coal, without count it is eliminated by industrial incinerator y by the 97 smalls chimneys, it is estimated 15,000; overall 45,000 tons fot day (PAMA . El Complejo Metalúrgico de la Oroya, 1996); other research say that by this chimney only eliminate overall 119¨917,440 tons too every day to a velocity to 8.7 meters by second ( Chuquimantari C. Yauli-La Oroya Minería y Ciudades Empresas Pág. 57, 1992)
Doe Run envoy every three months the concentrations of the heavy metals to the Ministry to the Energy and Mines and with the sames datums Ceverstav have demostrated the pollution was increased; for example the sulfur dioxide it have increased in near to 300 %, by increment to the production (Cederstav. La Oroya no Espera 2002
The American Association to the Environment say that the environmental quality to the Oroya it is serious deteriorated since that Doe Run was owner and the same enterprise
declared that the concentrations of the heavy metals gas it is ncreased in the air: lead 1160 %, cadmium 1990 % and arsenic 6006 % (Portugal, et al. Los Humos de Doe Run 2003)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join