It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012... or something like it, anyway!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've been delving into the world of conspiracy theory and alternative science and research for the better part of two years now.

I've been on (and off) this site for almost a year, been doing a lot of talk with people from abroad on this here forum about these topics... and never was THAT interested in 2012. Tell you the truth, I still highly doubt that things are going to happen exactly on december 21st, 2012.

Something has been nagging at the back of my mind, though. It's the fact that everybody around me (the people who used to call me crazy) is beginning to wake up to the nature of true reality. All of my friends are coming around to the same realizations that I have been... and I BARELY ever mentioned all of these things I've been experiencing and researching and realizing. People are just coming along on their own, and apparently following very similar paths of self enlightenment that I have been following, and it is BLOWING MY MIND!!!

It makes me seriously consider the possibility that 2012 means something. Scientifically, we're approaching allignment with galactic center... and we're approaching an area of massive energetic qualities... and since energy affects energy, naturally our energetic properties would respond to the changes in relation to this galactic center.

Is it the end of the world? No, dude. Not even.

Is it the end of the world as we know it? I think so. I think this is why our economy is suffering. I think this is why our politics are wavering. I think this is why depression is widespread and drug use is rampant, suicide and homicide rates are up, and war is spreading everywhere, and the powers that be are grasping for control... because people ARE waking up... and most don't even know what is happening, because they have not been exposed to the possibilities that we discuss here and other similar places. Religious people will find themselves at first clinging more tightly than ever before to their religion,but they will soon find that it doesn't offer as much comfort as they thought it did, and they will abandon religion shortly afterward, in search of a more complete and less discriminating vision of the truth.

I met my friend Josh just a year ago, and he was a pretty staunch Catholic. That has all changed now. I never pushed him in any direction. I avoided talking about weird subjects to him for so long, because he would automatically go "yyyeah actually no because this and this and this is real and that's just crazy talk", but on his very own, he's become awakened and abandoned religion in search for something that provides more complete and whole answers... and I'm completely amazed because I have not initiated any of this.

What Josh has yet to realize.... and many people within this truth seeking community do not realize yet.... is that our monotonous and self serving system of economics, religions, governments, politics, etc WILL NOT SURVIVE this change in consciousness. It is happening, and it is liberating and all-inclusive. Most importantly, it is free of all material excess.

This world we're focused on now... the material-driven society of people living based on this entrained belief that we only get one shot so we better get as much as possible accumulated before we die... that is what is dying. That is the world that will end.

The Earth itself will be fine. I believe the people will survive. I don't think our governments, in the form they take now, will survive. America will be gone. Superpowers will be gone. This will be a time of coming together as a species.

Michio Kaku describes us as a type 0 civilization. I think the end of this world is actually the end of an aeon, and the evolution of Man's whole consciousness into a state where we can ascend into the type 1 globally aware civilization, in which we can then ascend into the heavens and meet our galactic neighbors as an adult civilization.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To add to the paragraph in which I talk about rising crime rates, suicide, homicide, drug use, depression...

It's BECAUSE people are not being told about these other forms of knowledge out there that this is happening.

It's because all of this is shunned and poopooed by mainstream science and culture that people readily avoid it and make false assumptions about the people who ascribe importance to it.

People are confused, and they have been tricked into putting mental barriers in place which vastly limit their access to alternatives to the information fed to them through the science journals and the mainstream news and media. So they feel trapped... and eventually, people just SNAP. Trust your feelings, young padwan... you feel trapped sometimes because you ARE trapped, whether you consciously recognize it or not.

We can do horrible things just because they are confused about the world in which they live.

This is why we must learn compassion towards everyone, even the most violent criminals. They are confused, too.

What you'll realize, as time moves closer and closer towards zero point... is that we're literally all in this together as one. To make a differentiation between friend and foe is to split yourself in two.

This is what 2012 is all about. It's not a specific date at all. It's a concept.

The most important thing you can do to further your understanding of this concept is to learn compassion towards everything.

I'm still learning myself. Punk kids who harass hard working Home Depot employees, only to end up attempting to steal cans of spray paint, still PISS ME OFF... and I am not perfect, so I can go off every once in a while...

but we're learning together.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I hear you man.

I see the same thing.

I kind of get pissed at first when people that called me nuts for thinking all this stuff actually wake up and say..."but... it.. actually..makes..scientific... SENSE!" .. and i'm like yes.. no s#@$! @#$@$@!~!!

but then i'm more happy that they are seeing things clearer. so the anger passes.

another thing, as I've talked about on a diff thread.. is that, if any conciousness is going to be radically different, then the machine that produces that conciousness would have to have changed.

machine being the human body/brain

and it's not going to happen in one instant.. it's a gradual buildup towards that point.

a metamorphosis.. chrysalis if you will..
without the pretty shell.

everything's going to be explained in the most amazing, biological, astronomical, psychological unfolding of wings.

check out the "morgellons is the 2012 dna" link in my signature for more info.

glad to see more 2012 changes threads like this popping up.
it's THE most important thing going on right now.. because it's US .. changing ... NOW.

later.

-

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This isn't just people being brainwashed by alternative research sites.

I think a lot of people are afraid that this is what is happening... but my friend... you gotta know him... he's a total "guy" guy, right? and he's a big skeptic.

But now, he's questioning me about all these experiences he's having, and I'm just like "yeah, it's real. Go with it."

EDIT#2: You can't prove this to people. This is what is so difficult to convey to skeptics. Like my friend is realizing for himself now, it's your own knowledge. Nobody else can tell you what is up. You have to turn your head upward and stare.

EDIT:

That video was pretty intense. I almost crapped my pants when it mentioned the spiral.... You have Morgellon's?

You'll get better.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
On my work i have at least 2 others that think/know that we are going to be in for a treat about that time. And the 'fun' ( or rather shocking ) part of it they think the world is going to go bezerk around that time and loads of people will be dying then. Now for the strange part, even though people think it plausible or even probable that it will come to pass we where talking about it like it was about the weather forecast. Pretty astounding but everybody was really matter of fact about it while you would expect a little more panic in the discussion.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
How old are you? I only ask because with age comes a different perspective on things. Our ability to understand complex things is based upon pattern recognition. The amount of data you have from which to extract patterns is directly related to age --- the older you are the more data you have collected.

Although I agree with what you say to some degree --- especially about 2012 and what it likely means --- the shorter observations (crime, poverty, etc.) are more directly related to the economy. Whenever the economy tanks (and it always follows a sinusoidal curve) people get stressed and desperate. There is always an upsurge in mental health issues, violent crime, domestic abuse, etc. Always happens.

I'm in my mid 50's. I've seen this cycle a few times in my lifetime. This one is by far the worse but all the key 'issues' are there. It's brought on by greed and malfesance in government and big business. They get a little too greedy and step just a littlw too far over the line and things get out-of-control. They panic and scramble to stabilize things. Once normalcy and stability return they repeat the process --- get greedier and push the limits. And the cycle repeats.

'We've met the enemy and he is us' --- Pogo

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, isn't the government made up of people such as you and I? Maybe rich greedy people, but still people.

The government as a whole reflects the people as a whole, and the economy as a whole is not separate from that comparison, either.

The economy is basically just people trying to predict what is going to happen with the things they've invested their time and energy (currency, more specifically) in, and responding to outcomes of those predictions. If the economy is shaky, that means that the governments and the people under those governments are shaky, as well.

The economy isn't some separate entity that shifts on its own.

I'm only 22. I can see where you would think that... and I would've agreed with you not too long ago... but certain things have come to my attention, mostly from my own private musings, that make me unable to believe that this upset in the socio-economic structure is just another "flux". It also makes me believe that all the "fluxes" in the past weren't just because of the conditions of the world outside of ourselves, but that they reflected our inner turmoil as a whole in our constant mental battle in dealing with the "unnatural" conditions in which we find ourselves captivated by today.

I think we've known that something is wrong for a long time, and these negative fluxes in the socio-economic flow-chart are akin to, for example, somebody questioning their faith. They may only question their faith for brief moments at a time, but those questions never go away. Each time our faith in something wavers, our subconscious mind makes a note of it... until there comes the tipping point, where so much distrust has been built up in the subconscious, that we can no longer ignore it, and we begin a search for something else.

If we are prevented from openly challenging our faith in a system, it's not going to just fizzle away because someone wants to maintain that status quo. It's going to build up in a corner somewhere, until it's filling a whole room... and finally when someone goes to open the door to that room again, everything comes pouring out.

People don't all trust the economy. People just have no choice. Unless you live in a remote area and have a confident background in wilderness survival, you have no other choice than to bow to a system you'd rather not have.

I think this weighs heavily upon people's subconscious and unconscious minds. They only become conscious of it once that door is opened, and they are reminded of the overwhelming clutter of mess.

Part of the whole "2012" mythology is the dissolution of one way of thinking, and the rise of a new way of thinking. I think the end of world scenario could just be, for the most part, a metaphor for what is going on in the collective unconscious.

Also, it's the 100th monkey phenomena being played out in our species. It's evolution. It happens.

I don't mean to offend you... but couldn't your age be a part of your way of thinking? If evolution is true... wouldn't thoughts evolve, too? Maybe what seemed logical back when you were in your 20s no longer seems logical anymore, because obviously things are changing at an exponetially faster and faster rate.

The way I see it, neither one of us are wrong. What worked for one generation may not necessarily work for my generation.

Just look at social security. My generation most likely will NEVER be able to retire. Don't we all work so hard for so long at jobs we may not necessarily love, in hopes that one day, we can stop working and really enjoy life?

If my generation can never do that, then what are we working for? Why are we putting so much effort into this monotonous thing that will never end and continue to eat away our energy until we are just lifeless shells and we keel over and die at the machine or the desk or the computer?

We're not machines, ya know? Work ethic only means so much, when you're working for something that is meaningless to you.

We're going to be FORCED to evolve.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
hey dunwichwitch,

I want to say honestly (cause i read here time to time and I wanted to believe half the stuff here) you're right. I say the same thing and even more, you brought it first in words.

2012 is an awakening. The mayans knew it, "the past always know what it's doing." The mayans, one of the smartest civilizations ever knew what they've seen. So they make a calendar...this calendar doesn't mean anything but an awakening...after a few time and i mean in a really long few time, masses of people will believe it because there is not escaping the dates on the calendar...

I for all believe in a free market, a free-er world. Where man learns to fight in order to keep his family and his brothers around safe. Where man allows his time to relax and work whenever he shall need to. Where man and woman enjoy lasting time with sex and love, and let them choose what life is for them for the future, not churches. Where man can do what he wants...

Preach dunwichwitch and hopefully, we all can save ourselves before 2012 or we end up in the hole...black hole maybe lol

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For those fortunate or unfortunate enough to witness 2012 I wish them the best of luck!

I really think the years 2009 and 2010 are the ones to look out for though.

Really, it's all riding on another possible fixed election. So it's really just a question of how much longer "We the People" are going to put up with it. If there is another fixed election it would be like adding insult to injury. How much longer will the system last, taking aim at it's own kind? How long will people allow it to happen before they refuse?

I have weaned myself away from that, because I refuse. The system is the weakness, they are the ones that should feel vulnerable. Not me.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The same thing is happening in my life, people i know are waking up slowly and i never thought it would happen, i can show them and tell them some of the "conspiracy theories" about 2012 and they dont call me a nut job/crazy etc

The reason some people are more awake is because these people will have discussed the subject on these kind of threads which are a good reference for the people who are slowly starting to wake up.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
the sun will disappear for 3 days due to the galatic alignment.

25th of december the sun will appear again.

On christmas day the day jesus was born he will return.

the 3.5 years of tribulation begins now until jesus return halfway through.

the global food shortages and the beginning of the famines is near.

The ufo disclosure is because they can see him in all his glory coming down from the heavens.

the knowledge of this world is foolishness to god, do you think god cares about economics.

the truth will prevail.

Believe in god, faith and love is the truth.

Episotle of John 4:1-7

[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
[5] They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
[6] We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

amen

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hmmm.... just a suspicious sidenote. There seems to have been an anonymous poster who posted last.... yet I don't see his/her post here.

Thanks for the responses!

We are the ones who bear this burdern of knowing, and it feels good to know that others are finally coming to aid in the strenuous act of being aware.

I don't like to preach... but it seems as though I can just gently suggest most of the time, and people will start to see.

Gentle reminders, combined with good faith in your fellow man's ability to evolve. This is what will be our greatest weapon.

I am afraid, but at the same time, I am confident that everything will be okay.

Embrace the fear. Don't let it embrace you.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

I met my friend Josh just a year ago, and he was a pretty staunch Catholic. That has all changed now. I never pushed him in any direction. I avoided talking about weird subjects to him for so long, because he would automatically go "yyyeah actually no because this and this and this is real and that's just crazy talk", but on his very own, he's become awakened and abandoned religion in search for something that provides more complete and whole answers... and I'm completely amazed because I have not initiated any of this.

I am not just talking Catholic religion. I am talking about GOD only. The bible says that this is going happen in Revelations. I can't believe the amount of people who are "swaying" this way.

top topics

join