It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral writes to President about UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Open Letter from Rear Admiral Gilles Pinon to Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic

Source: www.ufodigest.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Quite an intruiging read. A big of backround on the Admiral would have been nice

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Quite an intruiging read. A big of backround on the Admiral would have been nice

At least on the interwebs, the man seems to be a cypher. All information on him seems to be about the letter to Sarkozy.

UPDATE: I did come across something. Seems he may have authored a book about UFOs and Fatima. But then again, I don't read French, so I could be wrong.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't believe this is significant at all. The reason being is that in the letter the authority goes to UFOLOGISTS. If this were genuine then are we to believe that the Government is more in the dark about UFO's then UFOLOGISTS? Come on. Im pretty sure that the Government knows a little bit more than ufologists about the subject so I call BS!

AS-

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I started a thread on this a few days ago. You can read replys to my thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was talked about on coast to coast the other night also..very weird timing with all the current UFO releases (Vatican-UK UFO docs. etc...)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Voluntarily bumping this old thread.

Firstly, because I have to share with interested people that, sadly, M. le Contre Amiral Gilles Pinon has suddenly died 11th June 2009, as this announcement briefly states.

Secondly, because I will soon post additional information about the guy, that I sadly didn't have time to meet personally before his sad death.

He also appeared in a TV show (and a serious one, that's rare enough) that you can download or view by clicking here (you may have to install their player in order to view the full video). It is all in French though, but I will be happy to translate and/or summarize what he had to say during it.

His death is a great lost for the French, but not only, ufologists, as, per his position, he was one to have really some weight in trying to have the official authorities decide to support efforts in research about UFOs.

More to come, I promise...
I just hope to have the time "soon"...

join