It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids, mom lived with corpse for months praying for resurrection...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Kids, mom lived with corpse for months praying for resurrection...

news.yahoo.com

MADISON, Wis. - Two children and their mother lived for about two months with the decaying body of a 90-year-old woman on the toilet of their home's only bathroom, on the advice of a religious "superior" who claimed the corpse would come back to life, authorities said Friday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So, does anyone think a bit more prayer might have worked? Is there a time limit on resurrecting the dead? At what point does it change from resurrection to necromancy? Or is necromancy defined by the process and not the state of the deceased. All thoughts are welcome

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think these people put to much faith in a little book called the bible,

and i think these people are extremists who need psychological help. and not from a religious "superior".

You might just try jumping off a tall building and think you can fly, over and over and over and over again. I think you'd have more luck doing that, then trying to remake JC superstar.

Now go and pray i won't go to hell for that!

(don't get me wrong i believe in god, but not in the way these people do. I don't need a book to tell me how to live. I can imagine that it's allot easier for believers to have a book that can verify their statements about god "cause it's written" thanks but no thanks, i'll just make up a reality of my own.)

[edit on 10-5-2008 by PureET]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have to tell you that there is something in the water in this state that makes some residents here extra freaking weird. Think about it. These people, Ed Gein, Jeffrey Dahmer, Joe McCarthy, Liberace - how else would you explain it? Aliens?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's just sad that people pick belief or faith over commonsense. But at least the children know that resurrection doesn't work when you're on the toilet.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That's disgusting and
disrespectfull of the grandmother!
(Would she want to be on a toilet for posterity?)
After they couldn't revive her, why didn't they call an ambulance?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As much as I feel sorry for the family involved for their loss and their actions, I am finding it hard not to laugh at the medieval super-superstitions that still prevail to this day through many cultures.

And we call ourselves civilized and advanced, yet there are those who deem it reasonable and sensible to offer such insane advice.

What would the pope say about this? Or any other religious leader around the world?

It's a fine line between faith and modern science/medicine. Doctors are able to repair and revive but not resurrect (as such). Only the miracles written about in a religious book seem to be the only evidence we have of any form of religious resurrection. And who, in their right mind, would believe themselves, or a family member, to be so special that their god would intervene and give back life anyway?

It's almost comical to think that people are brainwashed so deeply and fanatically that they believe their god will resurrect the dead or lead them in a holy war or join them and protect them on the battlefield....

It's a shame the family went through this ordeal. I feel for the kids in particular, as what they may have previously believed to be true is now being shattered by modern man coming in and taking away the deceased for an autopsy and burial.

We have got such a long way to go before the problem of religion is solved after stories like this one.

The religious supervisor should be committed.

May the parted rest peacefully.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Very sad story, to think that in this time and age is people that will rely in others for their own faith.

I wonder if that suppose superior would have told that woman to sacrifice her children in the name of the lord she would have done it.

This is one prof of the power of mind control that some people have and used on other human beings specially behind of the disguise of religion.

top topics

join