It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top court upholds photo ID voting law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Top court upholds photo ID voting law

www.reuters.com

Democrats and other opponents had argued that the law is unconstitutional because it makes it too difficult for some people to vote, especially minorities, the poor, the disabled and the elderly. Those groups are most likely not to have government identification and also tend to vote for Democrats
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow we already have a low voter turn out. We should lay down and let the Government make all of our decisions. That way we can focus on are T.V.'s and video games.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow i voted today in Oklahoma city......they didn't ask for an Id.... I could have said I was my mom and took her McCain vote and turned it into an Obama vote....... kinda scary but then again.......

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I applaud this decision.

We should be able to make sure a voter is who they say they are with all this ACORN voter registration fraud going on.

Anyone really wanting to vote can obtain the necessary ID's.

It's the only way to insure that our elections are vailid and fair.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight

Wow we already have a low voter turn out.

Actually, voter turnout is projected to be huge. So, again, what's wrong with making sure they are all legitimate voters. To say otherwise, is to also basically say, "who cares if they are valid voters as long as they help our side win.".

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just voted myself. The only person I saw flash an ID card was a black guy. Out of our long line of white voters - he was the only black guy there. But I think it was because his last name was Bush. I think the old-ladies at the check-in table got a kick out of his last name.

Must be because the repubs got the word out that Dem voting was Wed.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by bonaire]

top topics

join