It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is love, I'm only explaining this once... so read it.. it's to arrogant people mostly..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'm only explaining this once... so read it.. it's to arrogant people mostly..

I would say the title of this thread is quite arrogant. "I'm only explaining it once...so read it?" Rather demanding and arrogant. I didn't read your opening post and feel no need to based on the title of this thread.

How about trying to be friendly? Maybe more people would be willing to listen or read what you have to say.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I am glad you have found God and prey for those who have not.
I hope there are no arrogant people on this forum.
I think real arrogant people would find this beneath them.
I doubt that people would post here to inflate their egos.
Subjecting your self to ridicule can be humbling.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It can be taken that way Xboy... but I truly didn't mean it to be arrogant...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

If you didn't mean to be arrogant then you should consider your words before offering such blanked statements.

Your statement that "only pride can say such words." is transparently incorrect. The question "Is that really your loving God?" in relation to the issues you mention can easily come from someone seeking to understand the position taken here by those with a belief in God and have nothing whatsoever to do with pride. To question whether this may be otherwise is perfectly acceptable, that may be the case; to make the assumption that your conclusion must be the correct and absolute though is grossly indulgent and short sighted.

Reading the opening post it seems you are determined to see any questioning directed toward what is for you such a personal matter as aggressive in it's intent. Where is it said that when one offers a different perspective or points out possible flaws and weaknesses with a premise/thought or brings questions to the table their actions should automatically be taken to infer a stance fundamentally opposed to the core of that which they question? This sounds more like paranoia than insight.

Questioning something in order to understand it better is hardly to be considered negative. To instantly dismiss a question simply due of an interpretation you choose to place upon it is either arrogant or crass.

When you see people asking questions I would advise you to take your own advice:

Don't judge him until you find out his motives.

[edit on 15/6/08 by Mark Harris]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join