It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Beijing storm: rockets target rain (First Weather Controlled Olympics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

BEIJING (Reuters) - China is preparing an arsenal of rockets and aircraft to protect the Olympics opening ceremony from rain, hoping to disperse clouds before they can drench dignitaries at the roofless "bird's nest" stadium.

Yahoo News (Reuters) Link

I guess China really wants to make a big impression on the world by attempting to keep the rain from falling during the Olympics.

I assume this has never happened before for any Olympic event and therefore this would be the first time and no doubt China is boasting about this capability in order to impress the world.

Just plain weird, but I guess it makes sense. I wonder if it will work?

We've all heard about cloud seeding for years, but I never really considered seeding clouds to drop rain in order to keep other areas dry. Is this something that is happening around the world and just isn't talked about? Seems kind of dangerous and no doubt a potential weapon of war.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i know this probably isnt the place most likely been talked to death but i think THEY are trying to drown us here in arkansas weve probably had a foot of rain here in a month or two ........go figure

new topics

join