It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I do if I see a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I thought the advice in this article was useful and may be worth downloading and keeping handy, you never know.

Ten Things You Should Do if You Encounter a UFO

1. The number one thing to remember is REMAIN CALM! But protect yourself from any hazards real or perceived. Be prepared to take evasive (but not aggressive) action to get out of its way. Remember you might be witnessing the event of a life time and will want to remember every detail and you can't do that if you are hysterical.

2. Be objective. Not every UFO is extraterrestrial, eliminate every other possibility (within your means) first. Only after that should you consider the possibility that what you saw might be a true UFO.

3. Use a cam corder or camera to record the event. Try to keep reference points in the field of view, as this will aid researchers in analyzing the film. If you do not have a camera or cam corder then draw pictures of what you saw and the area around it.

4. If you have a tape recorder, record your description of the event as it happens. Include reference points on this tape also. i.e. "I am about 10 yards for the big oak tree and the craft is 30 yards beyond that". If you don't have a tape recorder write down your observations right after the event.

5. If other witnesses are present ask them to also write or record their observations but do NOT discuss the event with them (at least until after your observations have been recorded) as investigators want to know what you saw not what your neighbor saw.

6. If the UFO left some trace of its presence behind do not disturb the area around it and restrict access to the site (its not a crime any more, its now a crime scene). Photograph the area around the site before you enter the area and make note of the exact position of every thing! Take close up photos or video tape of the evidence before touching it. Remember you don't know what your touching, where it came from or what type of hazards might be associated with it!

7. If the sighting is from a distance, at an arms length, what would it take to cover up the object? A Quarter? A Penny? A Dime? an Aspirin? Or would it take something bigger? A Golf ball? A baseball? or a Tennis ball?

8. Try to judge the distance from you to the object, the objects altitude, and its speed. Was it across the street or was it over the next field? Was it tree top level or was it a few hundred feet up? Did it cross the sky in 5 seconds or 5 minuets?

9. Should you encounter some type extraterrestrial being associated with the craft be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself. From a safe distance, in a concealed position photograph or video tape the being. If you are unable to safely get photos of the being, draw and write down a description as soon as it is safe to do so.

10. Immediately report the event to a UFO research origination for investigation, there are several such organizations around the world. The Mutual UFO Network [MUFON] is the largest and most noted of these organizations, with investigators in all 50 states and around the world

www.mufon.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had never seen those advice for UFO encounters before.

They seem to be well thought out, i'll try them the next time i have an encounter

If that ever will happen again, that is.

S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What ever you do, don't "Moon" a UFO!!

Your just asking for trouble!!

Seeing a UFO is a serious thing!! The above article is a handy thing to study as so you don't just stand there like an idiot and stare.

Calling that Peter Davenport guy (he lives in a old missle silo he bought) is a good Idea. He will take your report and record it.

Good luck!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They seem to be well thought out, i'll try them the next time i have an encounter
If that ever will happen again, that is

Again ?

Have I missed something now you will have to spill the beans

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

What ever you do, don't "Moon" a UFO

Now thats strange I am sure I read somewhere about a light aircraft accident where the occupents were thought to have been mooning at another aircraft and crashed.

The bodies were found with their trousers round their ankles

Nice seeing you on the thread Ruff

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't know why I should tell anyone.
I have never seen one, and if I do I will certainly not tell the media.
I wouldn't even tell if I had an up close and personal encounter.
I kind of like my privacy.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Thanks Sherpa for your informative threads.

I should have considered some of this when I saw what I did about a week and a half ago.

edit to add:

Shoot, I look forward to an updated ufo weather map to see if what I spotted was reported by anyone else. Thanks again.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by sherpa

Thanks Sherpa for your informative threads.

I should have considered some of this when I saw what I did about a week and a half ago.

edit to add:

Shoot, I look forward to an updated ufo weather map to see if what I spotted was reported by anyone else. Thanks again.

Your more than welcome Enthralled Fan.

Well of course you will have to tell me what you saw.

Recent sightings reports are available at mufons website HERE so you could check yourself

I will of course post this months weather map as soon as it becomes available.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

you can report your sighting to "Peter Davenport" the ufo reporting center
and he won't give your name etc..

I think I remember reading about that plane crash too!

In any case only a small percent I imagine report such sightings.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nice thread as always Sherpa, thanks for sharing it.

i have also to add some rules:
if you see a UFO, then:

1) Call the UFO occupants and ask them to wait a lil, while you get your camera
2) Get the camera
3) Take a perfect video of the ufo, with the zoom in, so no one may blame you to have taken another crappy blurred out video
4) Take also a close-out video of the ufo, so no one can blame you that your video has no points of reference on the ground
5) Take also a crappy video of the ufo, so no one can tell you that the video "looks too nice to be real"
6) Call the CNN
7) Call the police
8) Call the closest airports and ask if they have something goin' on in their radars
9) Upload all to youtube
10) Share all on ats

[edit on 23/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

if you see an ufo, then:

2) Get the camera
3) Take a perfect video of the ufo, with the zoom in, so no one may blame you to have taken another crappy blurred out video
4) Take also a close-out video of the ufo, so no one can blame you that your video has no points of reference on the ground
5) Take also a crappy video of the ufo, so no one can tell you that the video "looks too nice to be real"
6) Call the CNN
7) Call the police
8) Call the closest airports and ask if they have something goin' on in their radars
9) Upload all on youtube
10) Share all on ats

Hey, isn't that something similar as to what Billy Meier does?....

Joking aside, that is also a good advice...If those darn UFO's only would listen.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Great post internos that has made me smile seriously.

I of course would add, don't forget to ask about the special discount anal probe and if they are not available do they have a diy option.

If you aint probed than it didn't happen

edit for spelling

[edit on 23-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

9. Should you encounter some type extraterrestrial being associated with the craft be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself.

Well I'd say to the Alien punk...

"this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? "

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Who's gonna remember all ten steps?

I would still try to aim a laser light at the darn thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I can see it now!!

"A secret stealth air craft from Putang airforce base crashed into a local skate rink. The pilot ejected safely and said he was blinded by a laser.

No injuries in the skate rink were reported."

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If I ever see the Mother Ship, I'll know it's time to go, and I'm hoping on.

(Joking aside, great post!)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Great additions Internos, I was also amend to add!: (in bold-because I can!
)

Originally posted by internos

if you see a UFO, then:

2) Get the camera (and Tripod)
4a) Swear & cuss throughout the filming!
6) Call the CNN
7) Call the police
9) Upload all to youtube
10) Share all on ats

[edit on 23/4/2008 by internos]

Sorry Internos, just could'nt help myself!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here is an excellent list of ufo field equiptment to keep on hand if you are ufo hunting. I say while ufo hunting because I can't really see the reason to bring a geiger counter to work.

tinwiki.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Here is an excellent list of ufo field equiptment to keep on hand if you are ufo hunting. I say while ufo hunting because I can't really see the reason to bring a geiger counter to work.

tinwiki.org...

Thank you william, looking at those lists makes me think you could need a moderately sized suitcase to accomodate everything.

I paticularly like the inclusion of tax exempt certificates and credit cards no reason not to shop to you drop if you have the luck to be taken to your local alien mall.

And a timely reminder that tinwiki is a good source for information if you are doing a little research.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If I remember a documentary I saw some time ago correctly, they are quite happy to pose for photos if you ask them nicely

join