It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'deploys nuclear sub to Persian Gulf'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

US 'deploys nuclear sub to Persian Gulf'

www.presstv.ir

Egyptian officials reported that the nuclear submarine crossed the canal along with a destroyer on Friday and Egyptian forces were put on high alert when the navy convoy was passing through the canal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In my opinion I think Cheney's recent visit to the middle east was to come up with the support to "take care of" Iran. Or else why would we send a Nuclear Sub to the gulf? What do you all think about this?

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What makes you think it is going to the gulf? It could go anywhere, It could be going to India for a party for all you know. Egypt would not go on high alert for one of our subs going through the canal unless it was for our subs protection against any possible radicals with RPGs or maybe suicide bomber boats. Egypt is a friend of the U.S.

Bottom line is that you will never know where our subs are or where they are going because that info is highly classified.

Title should be, Egypt sees U.S. sub sail down the Suez Canal.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
US subs operate with carriers too. They could be meeting a battle group on the other side. Or they could have been the lead of a battle group. Or any number of other things. One submarine and destroyer are going to make almost no difference at all by themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm with you Sky Watcher. The high alert from Egypt would most likely be due to the possible terrorist threat to the Sub. They do the same thing when a Carrier goes through.

The sub could be going anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join