It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are toys for everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I was thinking why do people conspire. Even in our everyday interactions we tell small lies and conspire against each other. The reflection of that in our society is not surprising accordingly.

I have a theory that these power-hunger agents were bullied as children and had their toys confiscated, so now they are acting out this anger, due to repressed emotions that are causing an internal power struggle. Just kidding : )

On a serious note, would we still need conspiracies if people realized that power is not something you can hold onto forever and that there is enough out there for everyone to be content with without having greed for more? Is that where the root cause of conspiracies originated (eg. the first ever conspiracies) or is it something else?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's hard to say why people conspire.

Greed? (if you know more than the competition, you're golden)

Power? (everyone has to bow down to you, and breaking people's spirit is a wholesome family activity that we can all participate in)

Ego? (perhaps it's 'programmed' in us that for self-preservation, everyone needs secrets? If a caveman knows where much food is stored, he can prolong his own life by not sharing this information with the rest of the tribe)

But, I really think it starts from childhood. If one is raised in an open honest environment that sees and admits both good AND bad, perhaps one will reach the conclusion that there's no need to hide anything, and then the world becomes much clearer.

join