It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure hunting in your Golden Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sunken Treasure anyone??

$100 million Dollar Treasure

Nuestra Señora de la Concepción left Havana at the peak of hurricane season in 1641 laden with gold bullion, pieces of eight, silk, even Chinese Ming Dynasty porcelain. After running aground, the crew piled treasure on the reef, and from there it was picked up by an English pirate ship.

Not his first run in with the ‘Concepción’…

Webber won renown as a treasure hunter in 1978 when he first located the Concepción and recovered booty then valued at $14 million

And with the possibility of piracy on the open seas, I found this somewhat amusing…

If Webber does find more of the treasure, he and his crew will rely on six assault rifles, two 12-gauge shotguns and a 50-caliber sniper rifle to make sure no would-be pirates take it away.

LOL, I hope they bring food & water.

I suppose a ’50 cal Sniper rifle’ is good to have when on the high seas looking for treasure, things sure have changed over the years.

Sounds like an awesome adventure. I hope to be doing something like that when I am in my sixties.

How many ships like this are there hidden amongst the waves, and how many treasure have never and will never be found.

Will be interesting to hear how he does in this venture. I think the treasure is lost forever, and what has been found is all that will be found.

join