It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leprechaun caught on camera! Was he looking for his pot of gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
While in Ireland we took this picture. An old guy just standing on the side of the road. A real picture of a "Real" Leprechaun. very creepy picture indeed. Happy St. Patricks day everyone.

QuickImageHosting.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Looks like a good ol' fashion Irish Countryman/Farmer or something. He's got to be about 5 foot 4 which isn't abnormaly short. He's probably been tugging on that pipe since he was about 3

I do agree though,that picture is creepy. Might make it my sceen saver

edit to say-besides,Leprechans don't usually stop at the roadside to pose for a quick snap.

[edit on 17/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
He's probably been tugging on that pipe since he was about 3

yeah, I think that Leprechaun needs to put da pipe down. BTW, I do believe in them and that they were magical creatures. they could have gone exctint. Still, not too sure about this guy. lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Im not too sure to be honest, i love how you post it up on st paddys day, very festiv. Take Care you'll.

Fox

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
...are you sure it was a lep?
He looks like a drunk mime to me!
"HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY TO YOU TOO"

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Good job

A wee bit creepy I must say.

Nice to see the St. Pat's day Spirit is alive and well.

Happy St. Patricks Day.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If you take into account an average 6 bar iron field gate is approximately 1.15meters high (just shy of 4 feet) and take into account his distance from the fence and then extrapolate his height from that.....hes a very tall leprechaun (somewhere about 5'7"). So a Leprechaun - no...weirdo almost a positive yes!

Happy St Patricks

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey, just because folklore finds the leprechaun to be very small that doesn't mean they can't be tall....

He kinda looks like the Joker to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by Acidtastic
He's probably been tugging on that pipe since he was about 3

yeah, I think that Leprechaun needs to put da pipe down. BTW, I do believe in them and that they were magical creatures. they could have gone exctint. Still, not too sure about this guy. lol.

Leprechauns where Demonic spirits of sorts in Celtic mythology.. kinda like.. a poltrighist (bad spelling) is to us.. a spirit that messes with you.. which can give you good luck, or terrible luck.

Also, from readings on mythology.. I have never read anywhere that Leprechauns where actually short at all.. nor where they Green.

(Well I take that back, plenty of accounts of little Leprachauns, but it seems the older the story the less a Leprechaun is like modern Leprachauns .. and I do find it unusual that we still put them in a 1600's pilgrims costume..)

[edit on 3/17/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Also, from readings on mythology.. I have never read anywhere that Leprechauns where actually short at all.. nor where they Green.

But did they wear green clothing? i'd be horrified to see a real lep. interesting that the cereal lucky charm makes them seem friendly.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No. Some of the early sketches of Leprechauns looked more like trolls that would live under a bridge lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
And I was hoping he'd look like Warwick Davis in heavy prosthetic makeup chasing after Jennifer Aniston.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
And I was hoping he'd look like Warwick Davis in heavy prosthetic makeup chasing after Jennifer Aniston.

yeah, those movies were pretty scary. I wonder if they finally killed him off.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
how do u see the photo?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Image link is down!

Can someone repost it?

new topics

top topics

join