It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juno - Am I the only one who hated this movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I realize that this movie has gotten terrific reviews, and I can sort of see the merit, but I have to be honest; I hated it! The number one thing that ruins a movie for me is an unlikeable main character, and this one may have taken the cake as far as that goes. Or maybe it wasn't so much the character, but the dialogue that really got to me. The back and forth between the main character and others was galaxies away from anything you'd ever hear from a normal person, and even further from what you'll hear from a 16 year old girl. I guess it was just way too obvious is all. It kind of reminded me of a more adult version of the Gilmore Girls. Every line sounded over-rehearsed and over written, with the characters weaving in references and quotes from the entire vastitude of the pop culture universe into complicated jokes and sentences that came at the drop of a hat. We're supposed to believe that this 16 year old, middle class highschool girl is well versed enough in matters spanning from history, to 70s rock, to masters of horror film and a multitude of other things to have witty retorts ready in her back pocket at any given time? Juno had almost no character depth at all past what was intentional and painfully obvious. It was all "Hey, look at this really mature, far too well-read 16 year old girl! She's a bit of a social outcast, and also kind of a tomboy. But watch out, because she's also one Hell of a smart ass!" There. That was it - her whole damned character! That aside, I just really didn't enjoy a whole lot about this movie. Anyone else agree with me? Disagree?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I burned it for a friend but didn't bother to watch it myself.

I thought it looked compleeeeeeetely BORING.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The dialog was pretty ridiculous, but I went in expecting an even worse hipster movie. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

new topics

join