It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Fallon Resigns as Head of Centcom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RGReventlov

All who live in North America are Americans. As a Canadian, I am pleased to specify U.S. Americans so as to be clear about the group of people about whom I am writing.

I am aware that U.S. Americans think they are the only Americans, but there are plenty of North and South Americans that would chalk that up to either U.S. American arrogance or ignorance.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

I was actually thinking quite the opposite. This man was one of the last critics againsts the invasion of Iran. He was one of the last bastions of hope as far as standing up to this administration. Now...pretty much everyone in a military posistion of power are chomping at the bits to get the war started.

As I understand it the military of the USA has several warring factions within it. While Fallon is no longer able to keep his finger in the dam so as to keep back the flood of Bush/Cheney warmongering, there are still many, many who are opposed to the psychopathic direction of the evolving Bush Doctrine.

Let us remember the brave heroes and martyrs of Minot.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by RGReventlov

All who live in North America are Americans. As a Canadian, I am pleased to specify U.S. Americans so as to be clear about the group of people about whom I am writing.

I am aware that U.S. Americans think they are the only Americans, but there are plenty of North and South Americans that would chalk that up to either U.S. American arrogance or ignorance.

Quite!

I rather understand your position now, but I wonder.... Why not just call yourself and your countrymen "Canadian"? After all thats worked for a good many years...eh? When was the last time you called yourself a "Rebellious subject of the British Crown living in a Dominion of the the Family of Windsor in North America"?

You "Way upper North, British subject American" you!

I've been to South America, and trust me... no one identifies themselves as Brazilian Americans....Chilean Americans...Paraguayan Americans...wait...except maybe the Bush's.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I really dont know very much about politics, war or the politics of war. Alot of people in this thread seem to know quite a bit about it though and im wondering somthing. George Bush has less than 1 year left in his presidency. Most of us in the U.S are fed up with bush and chances are the next president will be a democrat(in my opinion) and would just withdraw the troops anyways.

So my basic question is, Why start a war with Iran when chances are the next president will just end it and pull our troops out a.s.a.p? What would be the point? There must be something im missing, but like I said I am hardly an expert.

If there is anyone who knows the answer I would love to hear it!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Withdrawing troops is never as simple as saying "Ok, everyone walk away".

With that being said, it's a dirty trick to engage your country in a war you cannot win, and would be hard pressed to get out of, to ensure that the person who gets elected next, looks bad for failing to make the pullout/victory as easy as the last president said it would be.

Say, if I was a manager of a business... and I knew that I were being removed from my role, and someone who opposes me were to take my place.

It would be an option for me to screw the company up so badly that when he gets into my position, he has no chance of fixing the mistakes I made for him, and hence, he looks like an idiot.

In the end, someone I do agree with replaces him, and I win... sort of.

Unfortunately, with 4 year elected dictators, like the US presidents, the knowledge that there are only 2 parties, means sabotage for the next president is a very likely and frequently used tactic to ensure your own parties survival.

Basically, they screw up the country as much as possible, to make sure the other guy looks bad.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

That answers my question wonderfully. I thought mabye the reason why would be somthing like that, but I wasnt really sure. Thanks for your help!

edit to add: forgot to mention that I starred you.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

No... no military take over... just a stolen Presidency behind the scenes, in the machines.

And that next false-flag to come? Vey soon, with elections approaching. You don't really think this Administration is going to give up The White House before martial law is enacted, do you?

Bush has already said he would use foreign troops on American soil in the event of "another" terror attack... not sure if it was specified if that just means another in the US or anywhere in the world instead... and I'm not going to track it down now... sorry. That statement should be widely known by now. And that's foreign troops who don't give a $#!^ that your in your own country... foreign troops who hate Americans (thanks to current and past admin.)... foireign troops to round up the 'trouble-makers' (ie:everyone on this site... including you, Mr. officer)... and have no qualms about doing it.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join