It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-distance empathic connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A few days ago, I posted in the Predictions forum concerning a very strange "dream" I had, one that was very much like witnessing the detonation of a nuclear device from some distance. Later that day, I found out something a bit odd.

First, some background information:

1) I have a very good friend in Maryland; I live in North Carolina. This friend is one with whom I share a strong emotional and spiritual connection; she has been known to form these sorts of connections with people she cares about, and I believe that she is a fairly powerful empath, a theory corroborated by several events in the past that I will not discuss here for the sake of space.

2) This girl has had serious problems with an ex-boyfriend; he stalks her obsessively and has attacked her several times, and we recently had him arrested for making further threats. When the police arrived on the scene, they found him hopped up on PCP.

3) This dream I spoke of came out of absolutely nowhere; I distinctly remember this, because that was exactly why it was so startling. I was lying there, asleep and dreamless, when a sudden burst of almost painfully bright white light 'exploded' inside my head. It was followed quickly thereafter by an overwhelming sense of being bombarded with electromagnetic radiation, such as one might get when standing near a powerful electric transformer, multiplied several times.

4) When I woke up from this dream, I looked at the clock. It was 4:23 A.M.; I remember this because I was in a state of panic and one tends to see the world with somewhat more lucidity in such situations than under normal circumstances.

Well, this reminded me very much of the effects of a nuclear explosion, as you can imagine; I was paranoid and worried for most of the day, fearing the premonitionary implications of the experience. However, later that night, I was to discover something that made it even more interesting.

Apparently, at some point in the night, this girl's ex-boyfriend had escaped from prison, with some help, and decided to stop by her house on his way out of the state. He snuck up on and attacked her, but was turned back when she pulled a knife; he then managed to wrest said weapon away from her, and attacked her again. She was stabbed, and was bleeding profusely, but managed to get her hands on a gun and scare him off. When the police arrived, he was long gone; she was rushed to the hospital and given twenty-seven stitches.

The time of the stabbing, she says, was somewhere between 4:20 and 4:25 in the morning.

Apparently, I felt the psychic reverbations of her pain, which, needless to say, was considerable.

If anyone has any similar experiences to share, or opinions on the nature of empathy as differentiated from the norm by the long distances involved, or any questions, I would be very much obliged if you would share them.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Distance means nothing when the connection is on the level of spirit, of soul...for that connection is not earthly as such.

I have experienced Empathic Connections with loved ones, even though they have been residing in other countries at the time. To the point when we next talked we held knowledge of what was happening for that person physically/emotionally...even the time they were thinking about the other, and as accurately as exactly what they were thinking at that time.

I hold a very strong one with my mother and sister...and just know 'instinctively' when something is wrong, or they need me to call them...as they do for me. I also hold a similar connection of sorts with a friend in Japan...I can sense when things are not going well for him.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's good to have this fact corroborated, and to know that there are others out there with similar qualities.

I, too, share a connection with my mother and sister; the worst part of having this 'talent', in my opinion, is not being sure who was hurt when one of these episodes occurs.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've ehard of this before, but I don't really have a strong connection with anyone in my out-of-state family. I think that it also happens with identical twins all the time. It's deffinatley some form of empathy, perhaps pre-cog too?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer...the worst part of having this 'talent', in my opinion, is not being sure who was hurt when one of these episodes occurs.

...no...the worse part is when your mother 'contacts' you and you're, ummm, busy with someone at the time...

I can tell which one of them something has happened to from experience...my mother and sister come across with different energies...so can tell them apart reasonably easily.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Dear me... that hasn't happened, thank God...

I haven't been experiencing it long enough to discern their unique energy signatures, but I imagine I will.

And yes, this, or a very common phenomenon, is pretty common with identical twins... precognition seems to figure in there too, but I haven't experienced it, beyond a few semi-prophetic dreams here and there.

Interesting stuff.

top topics

join