It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your view on religion/spiritualism genuinely?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe some deny their true view of spiritualism due to their family religions/upbringing etc? Well, lets share our most unbiase view on religions/spiritualism! I shall start with mine.

In my younger days, I abhor(yeah strong word) Christianity. So many hypocrisy, so many trying to convert you in a nonsensical way, so many trying to rip of your salary.So many so manys. But it doesn't mean Christians as a whole is bad or not-truth. Eg, many will no doubt hate all Nazis for what they do. But thinking carefully it is not them for who they are that commit the atrocities, it is the sick mindset of Hitler that is drilled into them and negatives spread fast like wildfires. No one is strong enough at that time to stop the powerful evil root, which is Hitler's mindset/ego of world domination. Personally, I feel we should not blame the whole of Nazis people, blame it on the ego and their inability to realize it.

But with age and experiences, you tend to start looking at positives instead of indulging in negatives. Of course questioning negatives promotes positives but many love to indulge in negatives and not questioning. With what mindset are you bringing up the negatives? To seek the truth or confirm the negatives? With what mind you set out, thus the result you will get.

At least for me I start to realise all religions have their truth. They are just different paths to truth. Truth is perfect but human minds aren't. This is where EGO comes into play, human will start to interpret truth to their OWN advantage. Observe egolessly yourself whenever you try so hard to damn other religions/ideas/path/lifestyles, you are subconsciously trying to seek security that yours is the only correct one and you are well on your way. Whenver you badmouth/backstab others, you are not genuinely wanting to make that person feel bad, you are just feeding this EGO to make yourself feel good and secure which is illusionary. Truth is universal, you don't separate yourself from others, you bring yourself and help others to this ONESS.

Spirituality should not be black and white, allow gray areas and we will learn more. I think Jesus mentioned that he=God=holy spirit(I am no Bible reader) and that statement seems like a very wise circular sutra to me

Our minds are powerful which open endless possibilities. I am not saying if you think it is it WILL. I am saying if you think it is it MIGHT. How many will think that traveling by air is possible in ancient times? Luckily due to open-minded human, we got the airplanes working. Hence if you think there is hell, you are given hell a chance to exist and the sufferer is no other than yourself. This is why all sages prompt us to cleanse our minds and have wholesome thoughts.

Christianity is given a not-needed label. How many times we heard churches telling us that in order to be a 'true' Christian, you have to be so and so. To me, truth is timeless/boundless and needs no label. Label is only given to help understanding in our material earthly world. Maybe Jesus sounded strong/harsh in his teachings is due to our egos attaching to these meaningless labels.

I feel in order to learn spiritually one must understand the names/labels of Christians/Buddhists/Hindis are just labels and nothing more. The more you are trying to identify with these labels, the further away you are from truth since I hope GOD will not want to separate people but unify them through different channels for realization.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think that most people like to have some kind of structure put to their feelings of the unknown. Of all the animals, we apparently have the strongest knowledge that we are going to die, and that's a real problem. And a lot of people don't like to think this life is just a random happening with no meaning or purpose, because we like to give ourselves value. We like to think we're worth something.

So generally, for people who can't face up to the fact that life is essentially nothing but a series of random horrors, punctuated by brief moments of enjoyment, destined to end badly, religion and spirituality keeps them from going completely insane in the face of their own mortality.

I guess it's a good thing because then these psychotic people aren't trying all the time to kill themselves or me in the process. It calms some people down a little who would otherwise go berserk. I sometimes try to explain my point of view to those I feel are taking their religion/spirituality a bit too seriously, as if they are superior and know "The Truth." But I understand why they would cling so hard to their delusions, and why it might be best to just leave them alone. Not everybody can handle it.

For me, understanding and accepting the pointlessness of existence has a calming effect. Since I feel that nothing I do ultimately matters, I'm not inclined to hurt or kill myself or anybody else, and just try to concentrate on those fleeting moments of enjoyment until I die, which will be soon enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have no problems with it. My problems would be with how people apply their faith rather than with faith itself.

new topics

join