It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awake the God within.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
" Are you a God " they asked the Buddha.
" No ", he replied.
" Are you and angel " , then ? " No ".
" A Saint ? " " No ".
"Then What are you ? "
Replied the Buddha, " I am Awake ."

Too many show penance to idol worship or outer worldy beings, and spend little time reflecting on themselves, like the St. Augustine once said,

" People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
whosto say we're all not angels who laughed at gods creatures on earth because they could not fly, so god says, lets see how you could favor. we're all wingless angels.

or, god was created in our image, right? well then god is libby sanders, a 15 year old girl living in league city texas. then i am god. and so are you. i am my own god. you are your own god. some people just forgot that and place themselves in middle management.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thats not my question actually. If you do want to debate this, I started another thread a while back,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you should read between the lines.

Deep

oui

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Seated under a tree on the way to Uruvela, from benares, sat the Buddha.

30 friends, all of them princes, went out on a picnic with their young wives, into the same forest as the Buddha. One of the princes who was unmarried brought a prostitute with him.

While the others were amusing themselves, she purloined some objects of value, and disappeared. In their search for her in the forest, they saw the Buddha seated under a tree, and asked him whether he had seen a woman. He enquired what was the matter. When they explained, the Buddha then asked them: "What do you think young men? Which is better for you? To search after a women, or to search after your selves?"

_oui.
Love, Peace, and Happiness to all beings.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by oui]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
whats not your question? i wasnt aware you had one.

thats awesome that you just said read between the lines, i wrote this big thing about writing and thats in there except it says

dont read the lines, but dont read in between the lines either, because THERE ARE NO LINES

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
buddha would be anti god. It sounds like he was an intelligent man. That would definately be an anti god.
If i remember right, I eat when i am hungry and i sleep when i am tired.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
oui,
Well said, Never heard this before. Buddha was truely an Elightened being. Its said the only path to samasara is to awaken the pure mind.

Deep

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
buddha would be anti god. It sounds like he was an intelligent man. That would definately be an anti god.
If i remember right, I eat when i am hungry and i sleep when i am tired.

What the hell are you talking about. Just because Buddha is about self betterment he's the anti-God??? Far from it. He is basically telling people that if they want to understand the wonders of life they don't need to be philosophers, religious zealots, or astronomical mathematician. The kingdom of God really lies within. This is a paradox that has plagued many people. How can the kingdom of God be with in us humans. Because of this simple statement that I found.

"While All is in THE ALL, it is equally true that THE ALL is in ALL. To him who truly understands this truth hath come great knowledge." --The Kybalion

Substitute God for the "THE ALL" and you will see what I mean. The only thing you can take with you is your knowledge and experiences. Everything else is futule.

"THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental."--The Kybalion.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This morning, before I awoke, I had a dream and was given a message that sent chills up my spine after the dream was over, which caused me to wake up.

Anyway, before I fell asleep last night, I felt I was beginning to feel changes around myself. I don't know whether this is because of the impending year 2012, or just my ever-expanding spiritual awareness and maturity.

The message was from my spiritual awareness about a person dearly loved that I lost. The message communicated that this person was still with me, that they were happy and at peace. Then this was when I awoke with the chills on my spine.

Also, I read Buddha's messages about self-understanding, and last night before I went to sleep, I had a book in my hand which was about Buddha which I was reading.

I just want to say that you are a wave on the sea of consciousness itself, and this is what I'm coming to realize more and more each day.

oui

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
oui,
Well said, Never heard this before. Buddha was truely an Elightened being. Its said the only path to samasara is to awaken the pure mind.

Deep

To answer a few indirect questions...

According to Buddhism, man's position is supreme. Man is his own master, and there is no higher being, or power that sits in judgment over his destiny.

"One is one's own refuge, who else could be the refuge?" He encouraged, and stimulated each person to develop himself, and to work out his own emancipation; for man has the power to liberate himself from all bondage through his own personal effort, and intelligence.

Other teachers of the time were either God, his incarnation in a different form, or inspired by him. The buddha was not only a human being; he claimed no inspiration from any God, or external power either. He attributed all his realiztion, attainments, and acheivements, to human endeavour, and human intelligence. Everyman within himself has the potentiality of becoming a Buddha, if he so wills it, and endeavours.

This is what I feel the point that ZeroDeep was trying to make. He was not saying, unlock the Buddha within you... he was saying within each and every one of us, lies the power to accomplish each, and everyone one of our dreams, and goals... but who searches within themselves for the ability to do so? (thats just my opinion any how...)

As far as the Buddha being "anti-god"? God takes many forms, and plays many different roles RELATIVE TO WHO IS LOOKING AT GOD. God to the christian is one thing, while God to the taoist, and God to the Pan! tribe of africa, is a totally different thing. Buddhism merely looks at God in a different way than the way you look at it... It's not "anti-god", nor is it "pro-god", it is "truth"... to those who believe it is.

I believe you meant Nirvana when, you said Samsara? Anyhow, just as in the woods, there are many paths leading out of it... it is up to you to find a path suitable for you, and walk it... The buddhist way is not the only way, it is merely a path... we like to call it the middle path... there are high paths, and low paths, and paths in between as well...

I think I sorta forgot where I was going with this response... but I think I probly made the point I was trying to make...

Peace, Love, and Happiness to all beings.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i was gonna say something
but i will just say

top topics

join