It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMTRAK beefing up "Security"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

AMTRAK beefing up "Security"

AMTRAK passengers will have to submit to random screening of carry-on bags in a major new security push that will also include officers with automatic weapons and bomb-sniffing dogs patrolling platforms and trains, the railroad is set to announce Tuesday. The initiative represents a significant shift for AMTRAK, which, unlike the airlines, saw relatively little increase in security after the 2001 terrorist attacks... Developing...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome to the police state. Officers with automatic weapons? You have to be kidding me...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yeah, next it will be the malls, public parks and national forest, have to keep those pesky home grown terrorist from causing problems to the NWO.

Got to love what American is becoming, all for the good of the people and for our safety.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is so ridiculous. It's right out of a WWII movie or V or Vendetta.

I guess I'll put on my tinfoil hat and say it's all in preparation for hauling us to our designated concentration camps.

I wonder if Amtrax ran this by their Marketing and P.R. department? It's not like people are clamoring to ride trains these days, much less do they want to be subjected to threats of intimidation.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Interesting. I work directly accross from a very busy station. I am also there almost daily to ride the city commuter train that stops at the same station. If I see any armed officer, I'll surely take photos!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I read they are starting this in the North East Corridor, I'm not sure what that entails....

Nevermind the machine guns Joe Citizen, just get on this train, it will be taking you to a safe camp.....

[edit on 18-2-2008 by BluByWho]

top topics

join