It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/view.asp?ID=5549

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Bush orders clampdown on flights to U.S.

www.blacklistednews.com

The US administration is pressing the 27 governments of the European Union to sign up for a range of new security measures for transatlantic travel, including allowing armed guards on all flights from Europe to America by US airlines.

The demand to put armed air marshals on to the flights is part of a travel clampdown by the Bush administration that officials in Brussels described as "blackmail" and "troublesome", and could see west Europeans and Britons required to have US visas if their governments balk at Washington's requirements.

According to a US document being circulated for signature in European capitals, EU states would also need to supply personal data on all air passengers overflying but not landing in the US in order to gain or retain visa-free travel to America, senior EU officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.commondreams.org
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Jacks56]

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Jacks56]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've flown a couple of flights with U.S. Air Marshals and I don't have a problem with it. I thought the idea was a bit out there until I flew El Al and saw their security - now that's tight security. I was interviewed for 30 minutes when I checked in at JFK for a flight to Tel Aviv.

The EU is complaining that their people may need visas to visit the U.S. but I don't think it will be long before American citizens need something similar just to travel between states. Some type of ID perhaps. We now need a passport to travel into Mexico or Canada and traveled to Mexico City for years without needing anything but my drivers' license.

Change is certainly coming.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^ allready posted a while back

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is an existing News thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join