It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney general: No waterboarding investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Attorney general: No waterboarding investigation

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Attorney General Michael Mukasey told lawmakers Thursday he will not open a criminal investigation into the CIA's acknowledged use of "waterboarding" on terror suspects.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers asked Mukasey bluntly whether he was starting a criminal investigation since CIA chief Michael Hayden has confirmed the use of waterboarding.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i find this to be rather disturbing, as our government becomes more and more corrupt. waterboarding is torture and should be illegal.

Thoughts? Comments?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why, you silly thing! The law only applies to the little people.

/snark

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
LOL!!!

And the completely corrupted supreme court continues their disgusting ways. No suprise there---They are nothing more than a croney-laiden extension of the most corrupt administration in the history of this country.

Funniest part is that the CIA director just admitted the tactic was ILLEGAL today! "No problem, we'll just toss the case out."

So pathetic. We are truly being ruled by criminals.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

actually, what you just said could be the smartest thing i've ever heard on ATS. Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

these people really do disgust me. perhaps we should try waterboarding some of our government officials, so that they may decide once and for all whether it should be illegal or not.

top topics

join