It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road ban for thumbs-up policeman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Road ban for thumbs-up policeman

news.bbc.co.uk

The behaviour of a police driver who gave a thumbs up sign as he tore past speed cameras will not be tolerated, South Yorkshire Police has said.

Officer David Mayes, 34, took his hands off the wheel and made the gesture twice on 999 calls in Sheffield.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Serves him right too. What on Earth made him even think it would be a fun thing to do or if he would ever get away with it.

It is evidence of this sort of behaviour that reinforces the idea that the police look after their own and that there's one rule for us and one rule for them.

If it had been a civilian, then I suspect the sentence would have been far harsher.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What!?

A police officer making fun of his responsibilities?

Well frankly, I'm shocked.

Seriously though, it's nice to see that SOMEONE in the right position is doing something about it.

You're absolutely right Extralien, this goes as yet another demonstration of police mentality, and if anyone thinks this is only 1 cop who thinks this way out of several, they're greatly mistaken.

Birds of a feather flock together.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
lol what can you do?
these are real people doing these jobs in case you didn't notice.
Think of the crap they have to put up with all day they're not superhuman.
I suppose it's the little dumb things like this that keep them sane.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Good point, I guess it's just more of a "Look ma! I'm speeding because I can!" type of thing.

I don't know, I can definitely see both sides. Well put.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What a douche.

Are those European police cars? hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

lol.
That police car is commonly known as a 'panda'..it's just a small patrol car for general duties. Nothing special.

but if you want to know more about British police vehicles, or other countries even, check this site.
www.ukpolicecars.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is odd... The BBC seems to be re-reporting and old story.

From what I can see there is not much difference between the original report and the one that's been posted today.

Is this some sort of hoax in light of the fact that this just happened CCTV shows fans chasing cops

Police in Manchester have released CCTV images showing up to 200 football fans chasing officers and attacking one of them after the Uefa Cup final.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is the report on PC "thumbs-up" a ruse to avert attention away from the fact that police forces wear black to instill fear and to suggest that the police officers can be just as criminal as citizens?

Is it a report designed to calm the masses, giving them a sense of revenge on those who watch over us so as to reduce possible rioting or rebellion against the state?

It's not often I get to see the same thing reported twice over a period of several months, especially when there's not much change in the actual report. Here's the link to ht e'latest' update of the report...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Very odd indeed.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Extralien]

join