It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6 Most Unsettling Medication Side Effects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
found a little on it

The following events judged by investigators to be at least possibly drug related were observed infrequently (≥0.2% and < 2%), in KETEK-treated patients in the controlled Phase III studies.

Gastrointestinal system: abdominal distension, dyspepsia, gastrointestinal upset, flatulence, constipation, gastroenteritis, gastritis, anorexia, oral candidiasis, glossitis, stomatitis, watery stools.

Liver and biliary system: abnormal liver function tests: increased transaminases, increased liver enzymes (e.g., ALT, AST) were usually asymptomatic and reversible. ALT elevations above 3 times the upper limit of normal were observed in 1.6%, and 1.7% of patients treated with KETEK and comparators, respectively. Hepatitis, with or without jaundice, occurred in 0.07% of patients treated with KETEK, and was reversible. (See PRECAUTIONS, General.)

Nervous system: dry mouth, somnolence, insomnia, vertigo, increased sweating

Body as a whole: abdominal pain, upper abdominal pain, fatigue

Special senses: Visual adverse events most often included blurred vision, diplopia, or difficulty focusing. Most events were mild to moderate; however, severe cases have been reported. Some patients discontinued therapy due to these adverse events. Visual adverse events were reported as having occurred after any dose during treatment, but most visual adverse events (65%) occurred following the first or second dose. Visual events lasted several hours and recurred upon subsequent dosing in some patients. For patients who continued treatment, some resolved on therapy while others continued to have symptoms until they completed the full course of treatment. (See WARNINGS and PRECAUTIONS, INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS.)

Females and patients under 40 years old experienced a higher incidence of telithromycin-associated visual adverse events. (See CLINICAL STUDIES.)

Urogenital system: vaginal candidiasis, vaginitis, vaginosis fungal

Skin: rash

Hematologic: increased platelet count

Other possibly related clinically-relevant events occurring in

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
How about Vioxx (was removed from market by FDA several years ago)?

It was supposed to be an anti inflammatory for joint point, knees elbows etc.

However it caused heart attacks and stroke... The common side effect that I had gotten from it was ulcers. After the first one I stopped taking them.

Which would you prefer, pain or something that could cause your death? I'd prefer to walk with pain everyday.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
"Just say No" - good slogan that doesnt just apply to black market drugs but to prescription drugs. Looks like Heath Ledger had 6 prescription sleeping (?) pills that knocked him off. (I know test are not conclusive yet.)

Point is, nature is a good healer.
If he was having trouble I would have given him a bowl of my smashed poppy seeds.
Yes legal and quite tasty...it has a toilet side effect however, (in large quantities) that would help reverse the one side affect listed above of loose stools.

A couple of points just to bring up.
Never mix synthetics (prescriptions) with natural medicine.
If you do then natural medicine will be blamed (epherdra as an example.)

Never use synths...they have pages of sideeffects.

We need more doctors to come from the two leading naturopath universities in the states. My cousin in-law here in Hungary is in school to be a Doctor.
He already has lots of pills around (legal) in his room...such a young kid and he is already getting lost in the synthetic jungle.

Anyway...what does it matter anyway. People take the meds cause they feel it will help and something in them is trusting that despite the fact it says it can cause side-effects, people think that surely its not true or they would not sell it.

As for natural medicine people say, "It doesnt work".
Well, the problem you have didnt start in a day, and your not going to fix it in a day.

As Eckhart pointed out in his book A New Earth, medical treatment (not sure exact wording) is/was the 3rd leading cause of death. There, I bet its number one now.

See this also, Im not one that is against progress and science. I will say this, master the earth first and then play dr. frankenstein. Until you do this and can master the human body with its surroundings (nature) than you will hit blocks when you are integrating technology (with the human body) and synths, which are based on research of chemical compounds found in plants.

Interesting, THC is studied in the medical community quite a bit. (Look in the various journals, this is not news...at least not if your reading the periodicals.) It is beneficial, yet they want and have synthesized it.

Why? Because THC is illegal and they want to keep us safe?
No for the same reason that they synthesize anything that they find...control.

Give people the knowledge of where to go and pick the plant, or what not, and you cant charge for it. And some of these plants are extremely easy to grow and need little control. (2 guesses which one this is...doesnt matter, as the point has been made.)

As long as people sell their souls to others to look after, they will get in trouble.
There is help and a way out, and part of that is learning to take responsibility for ones own actions. This does not mean what it sounds like. It sounds like something your pastor would say in church with some strict connotations. Not in the least bit.

When one realizes the connectivity of the universe and life in general, you can start to make more conscious choices. Sure old habits are hard to break, but its that neuron path you have to change, and that is where you have to make the choice. Many people need extreme pressure to push them out...some never do.

So until that time, people will seek their meds and the fast way out.
Natural medicine will help some to hang in until they start to understand how they can do it themselves. A lot of dis-ease comes from within ourselves. The stress and abuse we put on our bodies.

Life is short, might as well enjoy - but it also is a choice, and no one will take anyones right of choosing frankensteinish medicine over learning to relax and enjoying nature when the need be.

Peace

If this didnt make sense, Im not surprised.
Its something you either already know, or havent gotten around to yet - and no amount of talking will convince you other wise.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Will.I.Am
Which would you prefer, pain or something that could cause your death? I'd prefer to walk with pain everyday.

Yeah, I agree with that there.
At least walk in pain until you find an alternative solution.
I tend to think there is an answer for everything...just timing. Hang in there.

peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The only psychotropic medication I tried was wellbuterin in a failed attempt to quit smoking. 5 days in and I had 'the worst' panic attack I've ever had in my life. I literally felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I am not prone to such things except sucky black dog depression. I've spoken to a few people who've had similar experience on the junk. A guy I worked with went to Akron U. One of his professors said he trusted cows more than chemists when the subject of triglycerides came up. I've grown to hate big pharma over the years. The slick sales people. All look like Heidi Klumm or Cruise clones. Bringing lunch in always, because they can't give the docs the cruises and vegas trips they once were able to.
sp

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join